I've got two. I never thought I'd be a cat person, but my ex-girlfriend moved to the UK and they have one of the longest quarantine periods of any country. The thought of these two idiots locked in a travel cage in a warehouse out by the airport somewhere just wasn't okay with me. So she's long gone, and I've got the kids.

Lily turned four this year. She's broken, I think. There was no warranty, so we were forced to keep her. We politely asked the people at the humane society for a cat, but I think they gave us a porpoise or a small baboon instead. She's deeply, deeply troubled.

Miller turns 10 in January. Weighing in at a daunting 17 pounds, she lets Lily walk all over her. She's irritable, but far too gentle to deal with my problem child.

Like I said, I never thought I'd be a cat person. I grew up with dogs, and always saw myself with a "guy's dog". I wouldn't trade these two for the world, though. They're hilarious, and they keep me sane.

Lexx, is this your first time owning a kitten? The next 12-14 months of your life are going to be utter hell.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds