Thanks Bridgeman. I guess I'm starting to develope an ear after listing to crap for a while. I used to have a Heathkit with KEF speakers. They were great. However, I gave those away a few years ago and have been listing to a Pioneer all in one system for the last few years. I finally got a chance to put togther some components and ordered the M3 and M60. I've received the M3's so far. When I turned them on I was REALLY inpressed. But, now that I have listened to them for a couple of days I'm hearing the shortcomings. Interesting that you were saying the M60 would open up the sound. I mean it's really not a fair comparison but I am listening to Erykah Badu right now and I can hear that, while there is good stereo imaging between the speakers, there isn't any thing to the outside of them. Soundstage seems a little flat as well. I sure this is just due to the room eating up the sound. Still they are pretty awsome. My listening list so far is Cello suites, Robert plant Now and Zen, Diana Krall,James Carter,Erykah Badu,Amanda Marshall,Norman Brown,Ronny Jordan, Miles, Chet, 5440. Saving the Rush and Dream Theate for the M60's. Well actually I might plug in Linkin park right now All in all the highs are what really impresses me so far. High hats are sooo tight, voice is great, and just alot of sound for such a small speaker. Like I said, I think they would be unbelievable in a office or study. But, I would definitely go with a small sub hidden away somewhere. Again, I just wanted to thank every one here and the people at Axiom for your help and letting me listen. It's nice to come back to the audio world and see what has been happening.. I've even set my drum kit up again and have been taking lessons. I've been away from music for too long.
Thanks,
K_A