I'm finding the speakers are starting to sound best at between 2-3 feet from the wall about 5' 6" a part. Sounds best if I am 8' away. I have the tweeters at ear level on some stools right now until I decide which way I'm going to go. They are ever so slightly toed in. I did have to put some tape under them as they were starting to move around. I've been listening to them all day as I work around the house. They really are impressive. I've listened to more music choices today but am finding they sound best with lighter rock, jazz and anything with piano. Actually, I just plugged in a Riverdance sound track that I hadn't listened to in probably 2 years. Interesting music and sounded so good I had to listen to a few tracks twice. However, some music (progresive rock) I was listening to were to much for the speaker to handle a louder levels. I didn't think they were all that loud but the dynamic passages seemed to congest and distort quite badly. I would immediately turn down the volume levels and everything was fine. Recording quality is probably not the best either. I could listen to a well done modern jazz recording at high levels without the distortion. Hmm, I was reading somewhere that the M22 had a little more power handling ability. I was thinking of having the M60's for my two channel listening and then use my bookselves to move around as I build my home theater. I was also thinking of using my bookshelves as monitors for playback at my drum kit. Anybody have any thoughts about this?
Thanks,
K_A