***my Sound Guru worked on placement of the EP350 a little more. He moved it to the other side of the rig, inboard of the RF speaker, and more centrally located between the RF and the AV stand. This move was dramatic, removing the "boominess" we were getting earlier. Has to do with the 5' opening into the next room, we decided. In our minds, this change put the '350 ahead of the HSU as an all-around sub as far as this showdown goes. -MF***

This is my first post here and I have owned Hsu subs for over 10 years. (their car subs as well)

Personally, I am not affected by Hsu being beaten by $V$.

The 2 comments I'd like to make about your original post are:

1 - your *PS* - finally your own sub was placed in the RIGHT position and now sounded better then the Hsu sub. A well placed VTF3 MKI (used to have one) might have sounded much better as well.

2 - I am a basshead and an audiophile (50/50) but even I know that moving a sub even an inch can make or brake a sub.
You stated that the $V$ "could be placed almost anywhere to get good sound"

Not even Wilson Audio's XS 700lbs sub is a drop it anywhere and enjoy type of woofer.

The WTF3 has received lots of awards for it's musicality so obviously the sub in your room was in the wrong place. Too bad for you.