they seem to be getting a fair bit of flack... i have been using sony cd3000's through a perreaux shx-1 from a sony ce775 for the last 8 months if that matters. i loved them but now i want speakers. i really am on a budget, i sorta wanted to spend under 700 bux it looks like it will be about 780 for the m40's. thats alright with me. i don't like all this talk about needing to get a sub for the m22's. the sound im looking for is smooth, detailed, warm, and most importantly will draw me into the music. i loved my cd3000's even though they were a TINY bit bright. i listen to lots of stuff, some rock like the smashing pumpkins, some stuff like zero 7 and the postal service, ani difranco and tegan and sara, death cab for cutie, norah jones, sarah mclachlan... so yeah lots of different stuff. what will be the best way to immerse me in all this music? also, my room is set up, that the foot of the bed is about a meter from the wall in front of it, and the top of the bed is against the other wall. and i want the speakers on either side of my bed. im pretty sure i want the m40's because i don't want to go through all of that sub bs and speaker stands. that will jack up the price of them. there is not a chance in hell you can convince me to go anywhere higher than the m40. i can probably get a better deal on something like the energy c5's but people don't really like those. how about the paradigm esprit? thanks for your help.

EDIT: btw im my setup will be Sony CE775 (i could mod it later if i wanted)>Glass Toslink>Panasonic SA-XR50 (you may have heard about these digital amps, these components are not going anywhere btw)>basic wires (for now)>speakers, w/e i get...

Last edited by themuffinman_01; 02/23/05 07:20 AM.