I thought I would give you some additional info since my last response. Most RCA Connections are either Gold Plated or Silver Plated (Not Tin), therefore the Denon probably has silver plated connections, note that similarly priced Yamaha's are the same way. Many people insist that the silver is actually better than the Gold and will improve sound quality. Well if you can hear any difference you will have a thousand scientists wanting to study you. The Silver will tarnish (oxidize)and require occasional cleaning if you want to be , shall we say carried away with cleanliness. There are obvious issues with Tin & gold as I previously stated (when soldering) but a mechanical connection between gold cable connectors and silver plated RCA Jacks should not be a problem, one is just a slightly better conductor than the other. A Materials Engineer may be able to come up with some reasoning that mechanically connecting the two dissimilar metal are a problem but I know with many military connectors silver coated copper braid is terminated to gold plated connector components. I don't think there is any problem at all, use gold if you want to.