o.k. i've decided that if i start to hear any sound degradation...i'll just turn the volume up

i do wish the 3805 had gold jacks, if not for the prettiness, then for the warm fuzzy feeling that they didn't cut corners to save the few cents extra per jack.

as far as 3805 vs. 2805:

i wanted the denon link, as i was getting the 5900. although, i still had to use audio cables for sacd because denon didn't get approval to use d-link for sacd until fairly recently. but, i haven't even bothered to get the update.

as you probably know, the 3805 has a little more power, which if i'm honest with myself, probably influenced me a bit.

the Audioholics review of the 3805 didn't hurt my decision, either.

i am surprised i haven't thrown the remote at the wall. it stays illuminated just long enough for me to find the function i'm looking for and goes black before my finger reaches the pad. and it eats batteries pretty good.

i assume you've checked the denon site for the spec and component differences between the two. if not, that's always a good way to strain your eyes.

i got 25% off at an authorized brick and mortar store through a friends and family discount. i found that to be a pretty good price. plus, the store is two minutes from where i work. for me price was not that big of a factor, other than i knew i could not afford the 5803.

the store i bought from had a 100% upgrade policy. maybe you should look for a store that does that and get the 2805. if it works for you, don't look back. i don't think you could go too far wrong with either one of them.

oops, i almost forgot...i bought the auto-setup mic...it's still sitting in the box. i find that i play with all the levels, all the time, depending on what i'm listening to.

If I were truly plastered, could I do this?