vettenut01,

I was just recently considering the 2805 vs 3805 and after speaking with owners of both systems, I went with the 2805. Bray and MarkSJohson were of great help. One of the mentioned that the extra 20 watts per channel only equates to 1db! Yes, I realize decibels are on a logarithmic (sp?) scale but still 1db isnt much in my book.

Also, it kinda peeved me that denon includes the $60 mic with the 2805 and not the 3805. WTF, shouldn't it be the other way around? So basically it all boils down to features and from doing a direct comparison, they are VERY close in the feature set. Denon's site has some a pdf showing every feature on all their receivers. IMO, the only major differences are 20WPC, better remote, 3rd zone, and denon link.

If you're bent on getting the 3805 then by all means get it. If you're looking for the best value then go for the 2805. Also the 2805 is identical to the 985 so start looking around for that model instead (its $50-100 cheaper) since Denon probably didn't wanna piss off their auth dealers.

Best bang for the buck: 2805/985
Upgraditis: 3805 (not that there's anything wrong with it)