Bridgman is right, many speaker manufacturers do not recommend the newer AV receivers that offer Room EQ enhancement. They feel it can make great speakers sound bad. Even receivers that don't have THX certification have similar, if not better, technology. Denon's Auto Setup and Room EQ, Yamaha's YPAQ, Pioneer Elite's MCAAC (?), and now other's like Onkyo are coming out with their own version.

Many people really like this ability, as it helps take some of the guesswork out of calibrating your system. These same people will say it did not hurt the sound of their speakers, and that may be true. You really need to decide that for yourself.

Personally, at first I loved my Denon's results. However, after playing around with things for a few months, I decided to just use the Denon's Auto Setup, which sets speaker distance delays, speaker levels, polarity, etc. I decided that the Denon's Parametric EQ, made my M60's sound a little to midrangey. I have decided to adjust the various band manually.

This issue is not specific to Axiom speakers only, as these settings will affect the sound of any speaker. The Axiom's are very efficient and accurate speakers right out of the box, so they really don't need much improvement.

good luck...

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85