In reply to:

Given the personal listening choice issue, would it follow then that one who does not like bright-type speakers would have trouble with Axioms? Say especially for music?

Well, again, I wouldn't consider them bright, but neutral and most other speakers just not being able to handle highs well.

Give them a listen if you can find an auditioner in your area, and if you're that concerned, as a soother to those that are worried, Axiom will send out a resistor kit to "tame" the tweeters. Think everyone here I've read that used them took them back out though. It's hard to get used to hearing part of the frequency range you don't normally, and those that find the treble "fatiguing" often find they're concentrating and actively listening too much (this just came up on the forum recently again)... I did the same thing with my QS4s... tried to listen for them, and it gave me a headache. So after the ear-break-in period, seems most people miss hearing that top-end and take the resistors back out. (Does anyone here have a resistor kit still in their speakers?)

Of course, if you like the sound of Cerwin-Vegas... god help your immortal soul, you'd have to "tweak" a set of Axioms by chewing out the tweeter, gluing modelling clay to the woofer and slipping a canvas bag over the speaker.

Bren R.