In reply to:

Be careful. It starts out so easy and cheap in computers that you can get very hooked. Next thing you know, you're spending all your time and money on it. It's very addictive.

Too late Semi.
I've been into computers for longer than i have home theatre. Since 1997 (now 6 years past) i've had 4 different comp configurations with my first being a clone computer with an AMD K6-3 cpu. I managed to overclock that 50mhz before heat was an issue and since that day, there's been no turning back.

I've slowed down lately b/c work has me busy but needless to say, once i'm done putting together a new little office sound system, i'm moving back onto the computer stuff. Number one is to get the volume down. Number two is to finish off my copper paint job on my Addtronics 6890 tower (the castors are the best addition i've ever had) and number three is to upgrade my cpu. I'm running an Abit KT333-R m/b right now but with a Duron 800 cpu o'ced to 933 ( the pencil trick never worked for me so i had to get out a dissecting microscope from the lab and i did the L1 connections with some permanent material. Sometimes science and its related equipment can really be of use for more than just looking at bugs.) I am going to move up to an Athlon XP at some point in the next half year.

One good thing about it, i'm not a big gamer. Saves the pocketbook on constant vidcard upgrades. However, that being said, i do video editing every other month.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."