I justed wanted to say thanks to those people who helped me with my orginal question. I think I'm just going to use the analog line-out on the audigy for now. It claims to have good DAC, and seems to provide very decent sound quality. Plus, my receiver is older and doesn't actually have a digital-in. Why is it that even newer stereo receivers don't have digital inputs by the way, like the denon dra-395??

With that taken care of, I would also like to address the issue of my extremely loud computer. I recently had it custom built and didn't give cooling a second thought. Now I'm regretting it. I'm definitely going to take steps in the very near future to remedy things, but I was wondering if anyone could just give me the order of importance. What is it thats making the most noise? I currently have two internal fans, a cpu fan (pentium 4), vga fan (ati radeon 9000 pro) and the power supply. I've looked at some alternatives, such as the suggested panaflo, but I don't really have a concept of whats good. How audible in your opinion is a 21db fan (e.g. the panaflo L1A)?

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks