Impostor, I'd be curious to hear how you like (or don't like) the resistors once you've installed them. I installed resistors about a week ago on my M22's, and while I loved the M22's before, I do think they are a bit less bright now. Yes, some detail seems to be lost, but I don't think it really diminishes the speaker. I would have loved to have done some extensive listening with the resistors on, but my receiver just acted up, so I am out of commission until it is repaired.

Also, I think you raise an interesting point about the possibility of Axiom reducing the output of the tweeter at the production level or at the customer's request. This might be sacrilege for Axiom, but there is obviously some issue (albeit pretty minor) with the tweeter output due to the amount of people considering the resistors. Obviously, Axiom has sought to produce speakers with great clarity. The problem might be that since many of us don't have lots of options in our homes for acoustic treatments or placement of speakers, that the tweeter output is a bit too unforgiving. Just my .02 cents. But, considering how easy the resistor fix is, it's not big deal anyway.