Actually i disagree a bit here.
Although making the Axiom tweeter more 'laid back' would help with hot recordings, you would lose alot of clarity for good recordings. In regards to home theatre uses, i prefer to have as much clarity as possible for minute background sounds, dialogue, etc.
I would not want a 'musical' speaker for home theatre.

I put my axioms up against an older pair of technics speakers and the difference during a boys choir solo was amazing. The technics had a laid back tweeter which kept the upper frequencies from becoming bright or forward but the Axioms allowed me to hear echoes off the walls and i swear the shuffling of feet during the solo that simply were not present while using the technics speakers.
A friend of mine recently bought some Energy speakers with a Denon receiver. I gave him some advice on what to buy awhile ago. I know that he listens to ALOT of mp3s, techo dance and radio pop music so the Axioms are not a speaker that he would prefer...and i know it.
The Energy speakers have this more laid back upper end and their bass and midrange i find are more full, less revealing but musical. This is perfect for my friend since my guess is about 80% of his cds are overdone in the oven, that is to say recorded 'hot'. If he had bought Axiom speakers, i'm sure he would not have liked that forward and clear upper frequency response. He would have been one of those people who would have considered the Axiom sound as being 'harsh".
I personally appreciate the sound as accuracy, an amazing level of clarity for the price paid.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."