Are you saying that tests proved that there was no difference between the $1200 amplifiers and the $4000 higher end equipment? I have a/b'd some other amplifiers, and I have always heard a difference in the way that the music was played back, a different type of coloration. For example, before purchasing the rotels I had an ancient onkyo, and there was alot of THD at higher volumes but the sound was alot more "boxy" whereas compared to the rotels. The reason I wanted to upgrade was because I have been able to audition the bryston and compare it to the amplifier I have now, by bringing my amplifier to the listening room at a local dealer, and the bryston sounded alot more crisp and neutral then the rotels. An overall cleaner sound. My friend has a pair of Aragon 4004mkII and they sound cleaner as well. I suppose my question is what is probably better for me to buy. At the moment I am probably opting for the Bryston, because I have had a chance to compare it with my rotel and I know how it sounds. The 8008MKII on the other hand is a bit of unknown territory.