Ric - BrotherBob: I exactly act like you when purchasing audio equipment, as soon as I have some money aside, I try to maximize my listening pleasure, sometimes I get something functional sometimes I upgrade, and true sometimes I see improvement sometimes I don't. The final conclusion is that I have an expensive system now (to my standards of course) and am always stunned when I seat down to listen, so great it sounds. I am actually proud of myself, I can listen at my place to such a great quality I had only listened to some high end audio stores before. And of course it is always this "upgradatis" bug around, but I am set for now.

By the way, my last piece I received is a Belkin PureAV PF60 power console. It is Belkin top of the line, I got it online brand new for less than half of its MSRP price of $750. Could I do without it? of course yes, but since I had the money why not!! It looks so cool and everything seems to be more organized now at my stand. It is also fun to see through its LCD the power reading, amps per each port. Also I have a better piece of mind regarding protecting my expensive system. The question would be: has it improved the sound of my system? Probably not, for what I've listened in these two days since I got it. However, I did not expect it to do so anyway, or I would probably tell some improvement later. Important is that it did not seem to refrain my 200 wpc RB-1080 (rotel), as I had read the case is with power conditioners and high current power amps.

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3