I knew TO would implode, it comes with the territory. I just hoped it wouldn't be this soon.

The Niners have a very storied franchise albeit seeing some tough times as of late. I loved watching them in the Montana-Young days.

A funny story about Steve Young. I have watched Young play ever since I was a little kid and he played at BYU back in his collegiate days. Back in '83 I attended the USU-BYU game in Logan. I was 10 years old at the time. BYU actually had a rare loss to USU in that game on a rain soaked saturday afternoon. It was my dream to meet the guy as he was one of my boyhood heroes. So after the game, I ran onto that field of literal giants hoping to meet the guy. I looked all over the field trying to find him but never did. But I have followed his career closely ever since. Fast forward 20 years. I finally met him at a function a couple of years ago. We chatted for a few minutes and I told him that exact same story. He laughed and you could see how competitive he is when he also noted how annoyed he is even now after 20 years that they lost that game . A really nice and approachable guy.

Hopefully Alex Smith can help the Niners back to their winning ways.