Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Trade off question
TroyD #416467 01/14/16 10:41 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
That should say too hot and between. Fat and annoyed fingers.

AAAA #416468 01/14/16 04:48 PM
TroyD Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
Sounds like you have your subs too hit, and likely imbalanced beteen makes.

I'm resisting the want to help you. I have given you advice before and was ignored. Your setup will remain hobbled until you learn how to set it up correctly. It wont matter what you upgrade to.

If you cant get a simple password to work......

Craigsub and Exlab are right. Good advice. Ken is also right. You are a broken record of a lost puppy. A puppy who cant learn or listen to others. To the pound with you. Lol.

I listen to you all and I do take in all advise. I understand Exlab and was/is considering it. Craigsub has given me advise on a different layout. Exlab is rooting for sat and sub and Craig has laid out a lot of info on Towers I currently have and adding subs.

Like I said, If I can pack up my M80's and go to Dwight On. and set them up against all these options I would.

I'm listening and trying to find out how best spend my money. and like a lot of people I just do not have $10000 to send axiom to blind test all the configurations. Plus I really do not want to spend a lot more than I need.

Maybe I am best just to go to Glubes sound studio where they sell good products instead of this online retail.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4

TroyD #416469 01/14/16 04:59 PM
TroyD Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
And simple password seriously. I do not reset my password. I know exactly what it was. I am now doing a password reset, keeping the email on my phone and logging into correctly as I am now.

However, tomorrow it will lock me out. And I have to reset it all over again.
and just incase it is only a temp password they resend, I even went into the profile and changed it. I use upper case and lower case. and in a week or two I cannot log on. I know how usernames and passwords work. I log on at work everyday successfully, with no issues. I do this for a living.

I may not quite understand the full sat/sub or tower/sub and which is the best spent for my money, you can attack me on asking what seems to be too many questions.
But, to say I don't have a clue how usernames and passwords. is not right.

I know what my daughters name is and I know what year she was born. Which is what I used and it reset itself, I have tried my sons name and birthdate I used my middlename and date etc.
Hell I even used the name of the town I live in, I get a month with resetting the temp password to one I choose.
if I do a reset and leave the password as the one Axiom sends it lasts two days. Today is the second day, tomorrow I will have to do a resend again.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4

TroyD #416470 01/14/16 05:04 PM
TroyD Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
I thanks you all for your time, I'll not ask anymore questions.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4

TroyD #416471 01/14/16 05:50 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Troy.

Instead of a long drive to Dwight, although it would be a nice trip in the spring/summer, I suggest that you order 1 or 2 EP-500s & try it/them for a couple of weeks. If they really aren't for you, then pay to ship them back - it would be cheaper in the long run than the road trip. If you really like them, you are a winner.

Based on my extensive experience with my 4 Axiom subs, I believe that you will find them to be both powerful & articulate. Whether you like them or not is another story as everything in this pastime is so subjective...

TAM

TroyD #416472 01/14/16 07:36 PM
TroyD Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
I always wanted to go, someday I will.
With Craigs experience with all the subs, I was just looking for some input.
I am pretty sure he has heard these subs. But at $1450 for a factory EP500 , I just want to know if the SVS sealed Ultra was really worth the extra money. SVS has 45 day return.
I am not even sure I will notice the difference, so probably ordering the EP500 is my best bet.

I get what you are saying with the M22 and subs. I had the M&K 750 's and two Energy subs. I really, really enjoyed these when watching movies. I also, owned the M22's. I just thought having M22 and a VP160 and four EP50 would be just as good if not better than M80 and two ep500's.
Just when listening to music, something just wasn't right. But, that could be due to the room I had them in 12 x 12.
I am now in a house and have a better room, 13 x 18 x 8 ish.
Guess this is why I think the way I do. I upgraded the M22 to the M80v3 I have now. I thought they were damn good in my 12 x 12 room with the bottom end. But, it was a smaller room and didn't really turn it up.
Now that I have moved and have them in a bigger room, well that bottom end just is not the same. If I turn up I get to a point and the drivers look like there going to flop out bass gets distorted. That's why I am curious to know about the M80 HP.
Hell, maybe it's my Anthem AMP MCA5 365w. but at $3500 I would think it is a capable amp and with the reviews.

I think I'm just going to put these speakers in the car and take a trip to the city and do a side by side with these other speakers and if there better or give me that bass I am looking for in music then, I know my son wants them. If there's not much difference, then I'll just figure out the sub issue and he can buy his own off the axiom deals.
Thanks

Last edited by TroyD; 01/14/16 07:41 PM.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4

TroyD #416473 01/14/16 08:35 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Troy, you just said it yourself , you put the speakers in a different room and now they don't work the same. If you take your speakers to yet another room it is not going to tell you anything about how they will sound in your room. Bass is really straight forward, the more you want the more air you have to move which requires larger displacement ,hence the need for subs. It seems like you are making yourself crazy here LOL. Get a sub and if its now enough get another. 2 subs will allow you to correct for nulls in the room but you have to be willing to move them around. The only sure fire way to get where you want to go is to get some measurement software and a mic and measure from your listening position. Short of that , get 2 subs and set to your preference. If you get the subs too far away from the mains you will need something like a mini dsp to correct the timing delay. You could also consider adding a minidsp with dirac to your existing setup, best room correction available right now and it works fantastic.

Richard

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
TroyD #416474 01/14/16 08:49 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
I feel bad. I shouldn't have been that harsh. -But you are nutz. Here is my apology. Reset your room if you can. You can sneak your listening position ahead a bit, but dont go dead center width and length.

Your width modes are 44 and 88hz.
Your Length modes are 31 and 62hz.
Your height modes are 70 and 140hz.

Your modal distribution is good. Good dimensions. No stacking frequencies. Nice even spacing.

31 44 62 70 88 140

Now go get your subs! Put them on the front wall at the 3'3" to center of driver as described. These dimensions work for an untreated room (I assume your's is untreated.) EP500s will fit behind your towers using this plan.

TroyD #416475 01/14/16 08:58 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Your present room isn't all that big - about 1900 cu ft.

My HT room is about 2450 cu ft but is really irregularly shaped - essentially my system fires across the room at a 45 degree angle due to it being in a bay window well. I don't get any nulls in my listening area & I attribute that to pretty good performance.

I need to update my gallery pics so you can visualize what I'm talking about...

TAM

TroyD #416476 01/14/16 11:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Craigsub

Thanks for an excellent exposition!!

I retired an EPIK Legend subwoofer. Didn't think I needed it, and, of course, there is the fire issue with their amps. They are no longer in business.

I think I'll call Debbie about an EP 500 or 600.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters