It's burning!!!
#436930 05/30/20 02:49 AM
M
Mojo Offline OP
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
M
Holy crap all you people in the US. Your country is on bloody fire! What the hell is going on down there?

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Re: It's burning!!!
Mojo #436931 05/30/20 08:29 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Besides our democracy starting to show cracks and fall apart ....
Nothing much ....

Mojo #436932 05/30/20 08:49 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
The beacon of freedom for the world was shining just a little too intensely.

Mojo #436934 05/30/20 12:50 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Come up here! Plenty of room!

Here on PEI there are plenty of folks from NE U.S.

Canada is on your doorstep. smile We arent perfect, but we have butter tarts!

Mojo #436936 05/30/20 01:37 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We also have lots of beaver.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #436938 05/30/20 01:48 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Here's mine.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #436946 05/31/20 04:02 AM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
Originally Posted by Mojo
Holy crap all you people in the US. Your country is on bloody fire! What the hell is going on down there?

Our country is not on fire. A bunch of far left assholes are having a tantrum. They are stealing other people's property. They are burning down buildings. In one case, they burned down an apartment complex being built for the poor.

To be blunt, I am sick and fucking tired of the left controlling the narrative in our so called media. This tantrum affects about 0.01 percent of the country. They are thugs, and not worth a shit.

Do you have any other stupid questions?

To the moderators here: If you want to ban me for language, I really don't give a fuck. I am fucking tired of America being viewed as being represented by a few thugs, and I am WAY beyond tired of Canadians acting superior.

1 member likes this: nickbuol
craigsub #436947 05/31/20 04:27 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Originally Posted by craigsub
Do you have any other stupid questions?

How do you see this conversation going? You're one of our most valuable members. I'd hate to see this subject result in departures. Yours or anyone else's.

Mojo #436948 05/31/20 04:48 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Don’t know why you label them as left.

The burning is totally nuts and IMO extreme elements who are frustrated with the system and just don’t know what to do to say enough is enough. The looting are people taking advantage of the chaos and they should be charged if they can be found.

The real issue here is that we have 2nd and 3rd class citizens who are profiled by the color of their skin. And in 2020 that just should not be the case.

Mojo #436949 05/31/20 04:54 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Here's mine.

Glad you kept it clean. Wasn’t sure when I read the first post. Took it to have a double meaning. And I’m pretty sure a pict of the other meaning would of had you Banned for sure .,.

Mojo #436951 05/31/20 09:45 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Craig!? Wow you dont like Mojo. He is a nice guy. smile Really!

Mojo #436954 05/31/20 12:19 PM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
Gentlemen: I will make this easy. I am no longer a member of this forum. My gear will be on USA Audio Mart if someone wants a good price. Peace.

Mojo #436955 05/31/20 12:39 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Pump the brakes!

Dude, we like you!

You sure are fired up. Hope no one you know was directly affected by the violence.

Keep your stuff and your cool. smile Again, you are highly valued and liked. smile

Gotta agree with CV on that one.

Sorry if anything I said offended you. Wasnt my intention.

Mojo #436956 05/31/20 12:50 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Something else is going on here. I don’t think anyone said anything wrong.

Mojo #436958 05/31/20 03:06 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I think that a lot of this stems from the fact that this post didn't need to be made. The U.S. has many splits in society, and a tiny piece of it is reported in the news, so a post is made that the whole country is "burning up?" The OP knows exactly what is going on as it is is in news around the world. Coming and saying, "Hey neighbor, what the hell is going on with your house? Mine is great."

I miss the days of a mix of truly quality posts, humorous ones, and then the occasional post, like this, that don't add any real value and would stir the pot for no reason. I've moved on, as some may recall, to various Facebook groups where you get a higher number of crap/worthless posts, or people asking questions that could be answered by a simple Google search, but they have a lot of quality discussion around the science of audio, and try to keep to that science and not opinion.

I do value other people's opinions, but when most things here are coming from the same main poster, it isn't enough variety of opinion to be taken as any guidance towards scientific audio setup or configurations. Axiom builds speakers based off of science and not marketing like some other companies, and that really drove me to buy my first Axioms 16 years ago. For others, they may have other reasons, but it is the proven science that I start with and then if something new from a setup perspective comes along and a number of people report back successful results, then I look into it more. A lot of that contradicts opinion post topics here.

Anymore the Axiom forums contain a couple of decent discussion topics that are mostly filled with non-sense, opinion, or chit chat (which is totally fine), and then pot-stirring posts or comments. I come here every day out of my love for Axiom, but I don't spend time investing in the discussions here much anymore. The current small "core group" of a couple of people seem very content with the conversations, and the discussions are ones that I many times can't contribute to because they are about speakers I don't have or doing things that I don't care for like phantom centers (again, mainly around speakers that I don't own) .. I left this one alone when I first saw it yesterday morning, then again last night, but things really exploded since then. Yes, Craig exploded a little bit, but knowing him for as long as I have, I totally get it.

Yes, it isn't just this post, but other posts by the OP that destroyed any real leeway in how this post is taken or interpreted. There IS more going on here, but this topic and the original post is not needed. "Ha ha, your stuff sucks, but life is GREAT over here."

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Mojo #436961 05/31/20 04:40 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Nick,
I didn’t take Tex’s post that way ... I took it as a conversation starter ...
It is posted in the right place ... the water cooler.

IMO, the US seem to have broken into two very vocal factions ... each thinks the other is spreading miss information and is generally misinformed. Each believes what they believe and only listens to new outlets, talk shows, or social media which supports that belief. I often have to fact check some of the more compelling arguments that twist what was done or said. Most don’t do that and take at face value what ever was said on the media they subscribe to.

The real problem is trying to get people to talk about it calmly and objectively. A lot of people can not seem to do that ... it’s just a too emotional topic.

1 member likes this: aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mojo #436962 05/31/20 04:50 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Insurrection. Anarchy. The desire to burn the system down. That's what Antifa (the totalitarian fascist shock troops of the left) is working for.

They infiltrate popular demonstrations against what happened to George Floyd and turn them into well organized violent attacks against police and society.

Then you have thug culture looting and burning.

You also have leftist media making excuses and suggesting a false narrative that the violence is caused by white supremacists.

Ultimately, you have a bad cop who murdered a decent man, a bad cop who acted with a malignant and abandoned heart. He will be convicted and sentenced to 25 years in prison. But the story is no longer about George Floyd. It is about a violent insurrection by the hard left and their anarchist coventurers.

It's time to designate Antifa a domestic terrorist organization and put the FBI to work on what they should be doing instead of participating in a coup against our president.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Mojo #436963 05/31/20 04:52 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Echoing Rich, my friends, family and I are very confused. We're trying to understand why all this started and who is behind it. It was disconcerting to me to see a video my son shot from his balcony of 4,000 protesters marching through downtown. I was hoping it would be peaceful.

Like Rich says, it appears some are taking advantage of peaceful protests turning them quite ugly. Are those looters part of something more sinister than looting?

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #436964 05/31/20 04:55 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Agreed about the bad cop, Philip. I don't know who Antifa is. I need to read up.

As for the media, it's become quite impossible to sort fact from fiction.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #436966 05/31/20 05:03 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Hi Craig

Don't let the assholes get to you. You are absolutely correct, leftist/anarchist wreckers have hijacked the George Floyd issue and are using it to try to destroy our great country.

The left never wants a discussion about leftist violence and their hatred of free enterprise, free speech and our liberties. That is what is behind the violence we see.

This is an important topic and if some people don't want to participate or disagree, well, as we used to say in the good-old-days, it's a free country.

I hope you don't go as I always enjoy your comments, and of course, I usually agree with you.

Enjoy the music, don't sell your Axioms, and now you know why so many people buy AR15s.

Peace on you brother!!!

2x6

Mojo #436967 05/31/20 05:16 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Is the protest response deemed unwarranted or unpopular in the US? Obviously the violence is bad and terrible, but is the underlying action seen as positive?

Mojo #436969 05/31/20 05:21 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
It really is hard to get a clear impression of public opinion out of the US. All the news is hyper sensationalized and focuses on acute issues rather than any overall policy or reform trends.

Mojo #436970 05/31/20 06:27 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Ouch... that didn't go well.

I realize it's probably too late, but Craig I don't think Mojo wrote his initial post out of any feeling of superiority... we mostly avoid this kind of "piling on" by the professional protestors because we're too small and too cold to be interesting. On the rare occasion that something big happens here (eg the G-7 summit a few years ago) we have all the same problems.

TrevorM, my impression is that the protests themselves are regarded as reasonable and even necessary; the problem is that they get hijacked by smaller, more violent groups that are just looking for an excuse to riot and are happy to see the cities burn since they don't live there.

I don't believe the "80% of protestors are from out of state" stories but the arrest statistics (mostly white) suggest that the people starting fires and urging violence are not the same ones who initially gathered to protest.

Where it all gets blurry is that people who originally came out for a peaceful protest get caught up in the mob and become part of it even though that was the last thing they had in mind at the start. Mob psychology is pretty powerful, unfortunately.

Last edited by bridgman; 05/31/20 06:32 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
Mojo #436972 05/31/20 06:57 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I personally try to avoid news just take the headlines with a grain of salt.
Here in the North our news is running with this at full pace. Sadly they are biased to what their owners want and scare tactics to keep the drones watching at the edge of their seats. Deliberately miss leading the masses is easier than a single person!!!

Hoping this topic is not enough for our most valuable knowledgeable board members to leave. It will pass the same as our current lock down will.

Glad your back Trevor.

Bodycount needs a new CopKiller track or the remaining NWA with F the Police remakes. Another good one from the time was Paris The Devil Made Me

craigsub #436976 05/31/20 07:50 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Hi Craig,
I just wanted to note that this rioting is not unique to the USA, that is just where it is happening right now. And you can escape from it by going to Montana or Maine just as easily as PEI or northern Ontario. Bottom line; it is no different here. There was a huge protest in Toronto yesterday over exactly the same type of incident. A 29-year-old black woman died while the police were present in the home. No one knows the real story of this incident in Toronto yet, that is something for the courts to sort out later. But it was enough to incite a huge protest; it didn’t turn violent but these things can go either way. Just remember the burning and looting of Vancouver in 2011, and that was over a hockey game!

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Mojo #436977 05/31/20 07:54 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
I generally avoid these conversations. They never end well. Emotion overrules rational thought and discussion, and conversation crumbles into insults. I found the opening post one of curiosity, and maybe a dash of baiting, but I did not find it insulting or from a position of moral superiority.

Protesting is a constitutionally protected rite. Rioting and looting, however, are not and should be dealt with immediately. I raised my hand and swore an oath to protect the constitution of the United States of America - even the right to burn the flag I love, despite my disgust towards that act of protected free speech. I did not serve to protect a thug that thinks he/she can rob me or my neighbors without punishment. Without law and order, anarchy prevails.

What's happening now is wrong. Extremist groups have exploited a terrible act of police brutality and turned this into an opportunity to divide this country during an election year. These "protests" are occurring in democratic cities too, coincidence? I think not. The media is not covering things fairly either. They are calling riots and looting - peaceful protests. They are lying. There is nothing peaceful about burning a building down, or throwing Molotov cocktails at police cars.

I have spent my entire adult life enjoying a unique position of middle ground. That's probably due to my study of philosophy, and thinking deeply about things. I vote for who I think will do the best job, not for a "party". Both liberals and conservatives have perspectives that deserve respect and thought. There must be a balance of both, or the entire system breaks down. George Washington warned against a two-party system in his farewell address. He was correct. We are seeing his predictions come true now.

When Trump was elected, the narrative was no longer an argument between liberal and conservative viewpoints, but about Trump; and if you hated him, or loved him. Middle ground no longer exists. The media and the political establishment has waged war on him, and are openly hostile and dishonest, or downright liers. He has bought much of that onto himself by his horrid choice of words and woeful lack of charisma that liberals view a critical characteristic their leaders must-have. Despite my agreement with most of his policy choices and direction he is taking the country, I dread hearing him talk or seeing some of his tweets. I get why liberals loath the guy. It's unfortunate they can't see past his shortcomings and take a more neutral posture towards policy and seek the truth verse be lead by the nose by the mindless group think mob that hates him so much.

Journalism is dead from what I can tell. It's all about ratings and pandering to an audience that will fund executive bonus checks. There was a time when I would watch some MSNBC, then FOX News to see both sides of an argument. Then I'd watch CNN to find middle ground. Now, I can't take a second of CNN or MSNBC. FOX has now become "middle ground" for me. I just ignore the talking heads. I am now right of center, no longer interested in being labeled a racist or bigot because I disagree with a liberal viewpoint. The pendulum has moved way too far left and needs to swing a bit to the right. Balance is needed. I only hope it doesn't go too far, now that the media is no longer interested in honest and fair reporting. They are supposed to be the ones who keep lunatics on both sides of an argument in check. Now they are active participants.

2 members like this: aaaaaaaaaaaaa, bridgman
Mojo #436981 05/31/20 09:15 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Fox is not an exactly neutral news organization ...

All I can ask it that you factcheck through at least one known to be neutral organization ...

factcheck.org

is a good one and seems to hold both sides accountable.

brendo #436983 05/31/20 09:19 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Originally Posted by brendo
Glad your back Trevor.

Still here. smile I wasn’t upset or anything.

Turns out this thread became pretty productive.

I respect the insightful comments and feel better for understanding right leaning feedback. I consider myself centrist or left leaning, but usually fall into Brendo’s camp of suspicious of the news in general.

rrlev #436984 05/31/20 09:22 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Originally Posted by rrlev

All I can ask it that you factcheck through at least one known to be neutral organization ...

factcheck.org

Found Allsides.com today. Seems very good option as well so far.

Mojo #436985 05/31/20 09:39 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't take at face value anything reported by any news organization. We could debate whether they are puppets or evil. There is a bigger human trait at work though and that's cognitive biases.

What one sees is not necessarily reality. Even though a reporter can claim they are reporting what they see, what they see is most frequently not put into perspective. Reporters will tell you that is not their job. That is the job of analysts.

What analysts can we really "trust" to give us the full context?

Cognitive biases helped us survive this long at the expense of reasoning. We no longer need cognitive biases the way we once did. What we need now is stronger reasoning abilities. How many millennia will it take to get improved reasoning?

House of the Rising Sone
rrlev #436986 05/31/20 09:52 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M

factcheck.org

So you understand the irony then. And Fox isn't as far right as many like to believe. Factcheck is anything but neutral. I'll use my own cognitive powers to decipher fact from fiction, and not follow any herd.

Mojo #436987 05/31/20 10:02 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Interesting site Trevor ... you still need to fact-check though to sort through it all

Mojo #436988 05/31/20 10:42 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Also like here in Vancouver Beverly Hills is looking for an excuse to loot and pillage. Rodeo drives with the cost {lifestyle fees} become easy main targets. For less fortunate peoples.

Here Craigs list was flooded for months with the products hit hardest our last riot. Coach bags in particular.

With a bunch of luck and hope. The justice system will deal with those needed properly at all levels.

michael_d #436989 06/01/20 02:12 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by michael_d
Factcheck is anything but neutral. I'll use my own cognitive powers to decipher fact from fiction, and not follow any herd.
Why do you say that?

On using your own cognitive powers: you first need all the information ... factchecking gives you that info ... you can then make your own decisions. Given only one version of what’s going on leads to that versions conclusion.

Mojo #436990 06/01/20 11:25 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It appears Craig was serious, as his Axiom gear has been listed on US Audiomart since May 31 early in the morning.

Having spent a considerable amount of time chatting with Craig at the last Axiom anniversary, I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, passionate and very direct. I think he tired of OP's posts - which in this case I did not think were inflammatory.

Maybe we will be lucky and have him return. In my 18+ years on this board, numerous members have come and gone, with some having similar exits as Craig.

BBIBH #436991 06/01/20 01:22 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by BBIBH
It appears Craig was serious
One does not dump their equipment because they are upset with what a few people said on a message board ... something else is up here

rrlev #436994 06/01/20 02:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by BBIBH
It appears Craig was serious
One does not dump their equipment because they are upset with what a few people said on a message board ... something else is up here

This is simple. The OP has pushed too many buttons in too many topics here and Craig got tired of it. I danced around that statement previously, but there it is. I've talked with Craig privately about some previous posts, but sadly don't have any contact information outside of the Axiom forums to touch base with him and now he is gone and with him a lot of knowledge and expertise.

So why sell the product if it is an issue with other product consumers?
Part of the Axiom experience was always these forums. The family feel to it where people were welcomed, and we all had a good time while learning more about Axiom products, speaker designs, room utilization, favorite beverages, and some good music. That is gone now and while the products are still rock solid and the people at Axiom are top notch, that was a part of the experience and as such, when that frequent experience turns sour for a while, it can psychologically cause someone to take drastic steps.

I don't think that I would go as far as selling me gear, but I follow where Craig's thought process was on this. Frustration and emotional discord drove him to a drastic step. Sort of the idea of someone hates their job, so when they quit, they want to really quit, and go out in a blaze of glory so that every bridge is burned so that they never could work at that place again. I've seen that happen. Here, the only way to fully ensure that someone stays away is 1) get pissed off about the quality of posts over a period of time, 2) sell the equipment that ties you to these forums.

Craig selling his gear is just his way to ensure that he has zero reason to come back here. It is really unfortunate.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Mojo #436996 06/01/20 04:24 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
I don't know exactly what happened here. I read this entire thread, again, and don't get it.

Is the post which triggered Craig still up? I saw his LFR1100 Actives for sale on Audiomart. This is not right.

Perhaps Ian can reach out to him.

PS who is OP?

Last edited by 2x6spds; 06/01/20 04:28 PM.

Mojo #437000 06/01/20 06:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
OP = Original Poster = Mojo

I don't *think* Mojo intended his post the way Craig interpreted it, but there was a strong "last straw" tone to Craig's post aimed at Canadians in general. He might be sick of our PM's daily finger-wagging lecture to the world, in which case I'm with him 110% and would cheerfully help him carry the LFR's up the basement stairs to join the protest...

Could be others on the forum as well though, even me.

Last edited by bridgman; 06/01/20 06:14 PM.

M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
rrlev #437002 06/01/20 07:16 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Here's mine.

Glad you kept it clean. Wasn’t sure when I read the first post. Took it to have a double meaning. And I’m pretty sure a pict of the other meaning would of had you Banned for sure .,.

There is a story behind that beaver. Old-timers might remember it. It was mounted on a heavy piece of marble.

When I first got my 600v2 in 2007, the beaver/marble was perched on top of the 600. It was my attempt to control some cabinet noise. It cut down the noise some. Then one day, I leaned the 600 a bit too much forward to get at the USB port for a code download. I guess the friction coefficient between the marble and wood was too low and gravity got the best of it.

So now I am only left with beaver. If I keep moving it around the flower beds, it does a pretty good job of acting as a scarecrow.

House of the Rising Sone
bridgman #437003 06/01/20 07:26 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by bridgman
OP = Original Poster = Mojo

I don't *think* Mojo intended his post the way Craig interpreted it, but there was a strong "last straw" tone to Craig's post aimed at Canadians in general.

The thought of claiming any kind of moral superiority or finger-wagging never even entered my mind. My friends, family and I were trying to figure out what was going on. We became very concerned about events spiraling out of control.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437005 06/01/20 08:57 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Lol. Yer like the smally kid that doesnt know he’s smelly. laugh

Just jokin’.

Good deal on his used products though. Not far from you, Nick. Well, 10hr drive. Uhaul?!

1 member likes this: Mojo
2x6spds #437009 06/01/20 09:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by 2x6spds
I don't know exactly what happened here. I read this entire thread, again, and don't get it.

Is the post which triggered Craig still up? I saw his LFR1100 Actives for sale on Audiomart. This is not right.

Perhaps Ian can reach out to him.

PS who is OP?
I dont think any of us really understands what happened here.

OP is the Original Poster, in this case Mojo. There were several posts in the recent past where Craig seemingly was not pleased with Mojo's comments. While I have accused Mojo of "hyperbole", nothing he said was offensive - in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see if Ian publishes the review Craig recently commented on. mentioning that he had provided it to Ian and Andrew.

Mojo #437010 06/01/20 10:07 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
I just hope we can put out this fire and get Craig back in the family.

Mojo #437011 06/01/20 10:10 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have never said anything negative about Craig publicly or privately. I have never thought anything ill of him either. In fact, I have always praised him and have credited his knowledge and advice for my moving to v4.

My friends and family know of Craig from my talks about him. Out of respect for Craig, I will not be mentioning any of this to them.

It is OK with me if others think I am nuts for my descriptive narrations. I can understand how someone may not perceive sound the way I do. And they may not want to be critical. Or can't be critical for whatever reason. I have realized my critical nature is how I am and I would not have it any other way. I have put that talent to work in my profession and it has saved embarrassment, maybe lives and has resulted in "beautiful" products that are talked about in an industry where no one cares about beauty.

I've also been thanked for the numerous tips I've given and showing listeners there is a world of stereo reproduction they've never known about. While the vast majority of us on this board wouldn't consider my knowledge anything special, it is considered rather unique knowledge to those who aren't into audio.

I've also had detractors as you can see in this thread. I can't apologize for being passionate about audio and finally having discovered what it's really supposed to sound and feel like.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437012 06/01/20 10:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've had some PMs just a little while back with Craig about the exact thing that was driving him to this point.

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut as much as possible because as much as I don't see eye-to-eye with Mojo, I also don't think self-banishment is good either and I don't want to start a he-said, she-said debate.

Just know that Craig was on a similar page as me and just had enough. It isn't one singular post that caused him to do this, but has taken a toll over time. He won't be back, but I will happily eat those words if he is.

As for me, I just have tried to have a live and let live attitude and I don't get into debates any more. I've got so much better things to do with my time than to try to point out other's faults, or share my opinions as fact, or my knowledge as the only way. Maybe I've lost a bit of "passion" around home audio, maybe I've just learned to be a little more "chill" about things than I used to be.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Mojo #437013 06/01/20 11:17 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Why wouldnt you guys use the ignore function?

Pretty sure I’m on a few! Lol.

Anyways.... this thread is tapped. See you in the others fellow audio humans. smile

Mojo #437015 06/01/20 11:30 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I get a kick out of folks who say "What an asshole you are. That is just your opinion and you present it as fact."

Of course it's just my opinion. And it's as factual as my ears, brain, $70 SPL meter and $35 multi-meter will allow. Sometimes I can even corroborate what I hear and feel with what others hear and feel.

I make these qualifications all the time but some folks read what they want to and make interpretations that suit their perceptual biases. I'm not opposed to that but I will push back because I too am trying to understand better and discourse helps with understanding.

As for pointing out other people's faults, I can't let people believe their old Axioms are like the new Axioms. It was "feel good" comments on these boards like "They're the same but just more bass" that kept me from moving to v4 all those years. It was only when Craig was able to describe the differences that I jumped into v4.

Also note who I choose to make those comments to. There is a gentleman on here who purchased old M60s. It's his first dive into real speakers. I never discouraged him. He's a newbie. There is no way I could have ever known how good v4 is, and how good actives are, without wading through all that other crap.

BTW, there is always the "ignore" option on these boards. If you don't like what I have to say, I will not be offended.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437016 06/01/20 11:46 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
I'm totally OK with Mr. Mojo.

Friends, he kept this site alive. Mojo is the 300 joule paddle for this site. He is the exact opposite to those who put this site to sleep. He is unremittingly frisky and enthusiastic.

Now, having said that, if you look at his collection of Axiom speakers (the entire line, my friends) you may conclude he is a bubble-off. But, it's in our direction!

The problem with engineer types is that they know too much. Audio is a combination of art and science, numbers do not tell the whole story. But, I digress.

Craig is a foundational pillar of this site. His reviews and tests of speakers required the investment of a lot of money and time, and are immensely valuable.

Now, not to compare either to our canine friends, but Mojo is like a puppy who has the occasional accident ... and Craig, is like a wise Golden Lab, who doesn't want anyone to piss on his paw.

So, out of love for both, may I say, "CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?"

2x6spds #437019 06/02/20 02:38 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Well said Sir!

2x6spds #437020 06/02/20 04:56 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by 2x6spds
The problem with engineer types is that they know too much

That's funny ... I always thought I never knew enough and what ever I did know I forgot ...

Mojo #437021 06/02/20 02:05 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
That's funny!

Mojo #437022 06/02/20 02:18 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I've forgotten what things I never knew.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437024 06/02/20 03:50 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
How would you know?

Mojo #437025 06/02/20 03:57 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I forgot how I would know the unknown unknowns.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437026 06/02/20 04:09 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Ah, OK, forget about it.

Mojo #437027 06/02/20 04:15 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
About what?

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437045 06/04/20 03:16 AM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Still no sign of Craig. I hope he comes back soon.

Mojo #437047 06/04/20 01:16 PM
axiomite
axiomite
He is a pretty determined guy. I don't think that he is coming back. Again, he is selling his Axiom equipment to ensure that he has no reason to come back either.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Mojo #437048 06/04/20 04:58 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
That's dumb.

I had s similar problem at the Corvette forum. Got sick and tired of dealing with some of the more prolific idiots, so I just stopped helping folks with free advice. Have not been back since. I didn't sell my vette though.

Mojo #437049 06/04/20 05:38 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
I've seen that on other forums as well, but this forum is largely inactive and now is pretty laid back.

The Axiom website should be an open forum, friendly and welcoming about audio in general and Axiom audio products in particular. It should be a good thing for Axiom and a strong counter-voice to the trolls on so many audio sites who bash Axiom speakers.

At one time, we discussed speakers, modifications, and such explosive topics as vinyl, tube amplification, speaker wire, power cords and interconnects. This provoked some hostile reactions from those who know too much and pretty soon these discussions ended. These same folk were also pretty unwelcoming to outsiders (non or potential Axiom owners) who took the hint, didn't come back and in general this site went to sleep.

Then along comes Mr. Mojo who single handed injected some life into our forums. I don't know how it was that Mojo rubbed Craig the wrong way. That is very unfortunate because both are so valuable to this forum.

Let a thousand flowers bloom! I hope Craig takes his Axioms off the for-sale site and comes back. We'll see.

Mojo #437050 06/04/20 05:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well, too bad I don’t have any place to put his LFRs ...
That and the small fact that, money wise, I’m going to be a bit tighter then usual over the next few months.

Anyway, It’s not hard to find him by google but think it would just result in an unpleasant conversation.
I’m petty sure there are other reasons for his departure then this thread or an individual.

Mojo #437076 06/05/20 03:11 AM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
That was nice.

Mojo #437079 06/05/20 03:55 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Yeah, I came back after a little bit and was going to change my post to something completely random because I felt guilty that I was "mean," but the forums won't let me change it. I've always been pretty calm and even keeled around here and usually just keep my mouth shut to "keep the peace" but for once didn't. Sorry for the harsh words.

Anyway. I'll exile myself and leave you all alone for real this time. Wow. I can't believe that after 16+ years of coming here multiple times pretty much every day that I won't be back.

Look me up in the Facebook groups if you need anything, although I just burned and then blew up the bridge with my last post so the small handful of you won't miss me anyway.

EDIT: I reported my own post to the admin to have it deleted for being "rude" for voicing my experience.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Mojo #437080 06/05/20 04:33 AM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Why Nick? What is going on here?

We shmooze audio, sometimes we fool around. Some of us like Shakti stones and Synergistic Research tiny but expensive 1/2" resonators, and other sundries (kidding). Live and let live. Stick around. This is the House of Axiom. You are a charter member.

PS
You reported yourself to the administrators! That's great. You must be a golfer!

Last edited by 2x6spds; 06/05/20 04:34 AM.

Mojo #437081 06/05/20 05:00 AM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
One of us even had a beaver on their 600 sub.

House of the Rising Sone
nickbuol #437082 06/05/20 06:12 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by nickbuol
EDIT: I reported my own post to the admin to have it deleted for being "rude" for voicing my experience.

Unless your post has already been deleted I don't see anything I would consider rude.

I have been on the forums for a long time (about the same as you, I guess) and have seen the activity levels rise and fall depending on how many people are in the middle of a build. During the builds things are very active, with lots of questions and lots of debates, while between builds everyone seems a bit lost and we mostly talk about non-audio stuff.

People stick around because they have come to know each other over the years, whether online or at the Axiom anniversary meet-ups, although they go from checking the forums a couple of times a day during busy periods to checking in every month or two during the slow times.

I think of that as normal although I guess a larger forum might be able to maintain a fairly constant level of activity all the time. Then again I live in Canada where it's cold, dark and boring for a few months every year anyways.

For a good part of the last year Mojo has been doing most of the builds himself (!!) so if you don't enjoy his colorful writing style and obvious excitement about the technology I guess it could start to chafe, but I see that as just one more phase of 20 or 30 that the forum has gone through.

I guess this is a long way of saying "stick around, OK ?" smile

Last edited by bridgman; 06/05/20 06:14 AM.

M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
nickbuol #437083 06/05/20 06:12 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Nick, I hope you stick around. It would be nice if Craig came back, too, but he did sound pretty committed to being gone. Both of you have a lot of knowledge to offer, and I know I won't be able to fill that void.

Mojo #437086 06/05/20 06:25 AM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
John, I'll try to be more bland. More like Randle McMurphy after his lobotomy.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437094 06/05/20 04:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Nah, that would be a loss... I was thinking more of some kind of color** coding scheme where the higher-hyperbole posts are flagged so people know to take them with a grain of salt smile

** hmpph... new forum SW seems to insist on US spellings

I'm thinking mostly about posts like:

New member: "should I get M3's or M22's ?"
Mojo: "you should get LFR1100 actives, they will change your life"

Last edited by bridgman; 06/05/20 04:54 PM.

M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
Mojo #437097 06/05/20 05:45 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
LOL. I don't know how else to explain to others what I hear. I suppose that's why we have science and numbers but I'm not running a lab. Even numbers can't convey what you ought to hear unless you have some considerable experience.

I'd never recommend a newbie get the actives. I am very glad my equipment evolved otherwise I could never appreciate what I have now. This is one of the great things about the Axiom loyalty program.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437106 06/06/20 01:18 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
The science and numbers directly correlate with subjective preference. Lab time? smile

Hey Nick dont forget to use those test discs. smile Take a break! Dont give up on the hobby. I’ll look you up on facebook Sir.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (2x6spds), 880 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup