AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
3 registered (Ken.C, GWiederhoft, resofla), 44 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13359 Members
11 Forums
23076 Topics
408004 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17841
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11385
MarkSJohnson 11061
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: EP350 v3 Subwoofers by GWiederhoft @ 8 minutes 40 seconds ago

Bridgman, thanks for your reply. Both subs have large enclosures with a rectangular port on the bottom of the front. And the labels both state EP350 v3 but the electronics and connections are not the same. I assumed all v3's would be the same as I wa
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Thanks guys. I guess I'm lucky compared to some here. No permanent damage so far. But a lot of snow to melt yet. We had a concrete pad removed from the back of the house in November last year. It had sluffed down and was grading back to the hous
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Adrian @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

We had a leak in our house soon after we bought it. The previous owner had a garden up against the back of the house about a foot LOWER than the surrounding top soil...acted like a funnel. Anyway, you need 6-8" of grade for the first 10 or so ft
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: EP350 v3 Subwoofers by bridgman @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

Millenia sounds like it comes from the same timeframe as my M2's, maybe ~10 years ago ? IIRC there are basically three generations of EP350 : - "original" with round ports and fairly small enclosure - v3 with rectangular port and larger e
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now1/4" of water on floor from window well full of rain/melt..... Runoff drain was buried under 5' of snow and frozen solid. You can get clear plastic angled covers that fit over the window wells... with ever
Home Theater
Jump to new posts EP350 v3 Subwoofers by GWiederhoft @ Yesterday at 06:27 PM

Back in 2011, I bought an EP350 v3 subwoofer. My AVR supports dual subs and I happened to see an EP350 v3 on CAM. It looked and sounded good but when I got it home, I noticed that it isn't the same as the one I already have. The "old" one s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

One thing to keep in mind, these ships are very limited in the amount of guests that they can carry. Therefore, it behooves one to book really early to avoid disappointment as they fill up fast... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

I remember the spring melt in Chatham, NB & Gander, Nfld back in the 70s. Both houses got water in the basement (one was completely finished). I know what it is to 'weep a little'... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

Check your glucose levels, too. Rapidly changing vision could be an indicator.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

So you just don't think I'm poking fun, Mike: My dad and sister took a river cruise through Sweden and thought it was amazing. An entirely "up close" way of seeing a country. I just don't have any experience myself to actually add anythi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

That's the same type of music he'll hear on that oldies cruise! (speaking as someone who feels 70 today)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

1/4" of water on floor from window well full of rain/melt..... Runoff drain was buried under 5' of snow and frozen solid. Basement on hiatus. Uber impressed. Saved drywall at least. First spring in new house. Record snowfall. Lessons l
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by J. B. @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

try this from 1949 hit parade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXx7vlno2Cg
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

At 48 you probably will be the youngest on the boat except for the crew, ha! I was virtually the only one that spent every evening in the lounge - largely empty every night unless there was entertainment. I got to know the off-duty crew at the bar
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

michael: If you waited until 48 to get reading glasses, you are lucky & have exceptional eyes. Most people require them at 44 - 45 & is completely normal. You might want to have them check for cataracts forming. After enduring degraded vi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

Cool, thanks TAM. I'll look at Avalon. I'm torn on which one to go on. I like the route from Amsterdam to Basel, but I also want to go through France to catch the wine regions. I'm no youngers anymore, at 48, but I act like I'm still in my twenti
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

Thanks for the info Orca. I grabbed the tape to take some measurements, figuring out how much room I have to mount the TV. (it's above my fireplace) I have roughly 38" of vertical space. I'll need a few inches to get the TV onto the motorized
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by BobKay @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now Matt, do you have 2 preamps you can compare now in your possession? The pioneer and something else? That way you canmuck ... Hmmm? I've never seen that word. It could have so many meanings. It could refer to Canad
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 12:40 PM

In the past 5 years, we have done 2 River Cruises - both with wonderful Avalon Waterways. We thought that Avalon's vessels were a cut above the rest when we walked through other boats when we were parked 3 & 4 deep: * Danube River - 4 nights/5
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by casey01 @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_d I've been looking into Viking river cruises for a couple years now. Something about taking my hotel with me while I cruise around Europe just seems like a great idea. No bags to screw around with, 4 star dinners, no pe
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by Orca @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

I bought the 55 inch model. We sit anywhere from 8 feet and back. However, once in a while I go within a couple of feet to read "fine" print ~ something I could never do with any other TV. I did notice that HD broadcasts are the only way to
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

I've been looking into Viking river cruises for a couple years now. Something about taking my hotel with me while I cruise around Europe just seems like a great idea. No bags to screw around with, 4 star dinners, no permits for crossing boarders wit

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.