AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
5 registered (JohnK, brendo, Socketman, craigsub, exlabdriver), 58 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23115 Topics
408791 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17876
pmbuko 16328
SirQuack 13356
CV 11422
MarkSJohnson 11087
Meanwhile On Facebook

May the Fourth be with you all!

(y) Great review from Christopher B! "The VP150 is an excellent center channel...

Any roadies / concert lovers out there think this is as cool as I do?

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dropped ball - speaker order by JohnK @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

Andy, you don't give full details about the occasional "cut out", but this is often a problem not with the receiver itself but with the speaker wiring having a loose strand which intermittently causes a receiver shutdown. Carefully redo all
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dropped ball - speaker order by AndyP @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Okay, so FedEx has changed a LOT apparently - did you know you can go online and have them hold your order? Their facility was only 10 minutes from my home so I went and picked up the speakers directly and didn't bother waiting at home. Of course Fed
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by Ajax @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: craigsubI can tell you, based on my own experiences along with the opinions of others, that our "basement theater" is one of the better "sound rooms" available. It's very quiet, with little colouration added
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by a401classic @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

We've done 3 kitchens with Home Depot. Each time getting a second quote (not Lowe's, but a "real" kitchen remodeling company. Each time, HD was cheaper for the cabinets, granite, and install than the "real" kitchen places were fo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by onn @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Happy Birthday Murph!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by onn @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

A belated Happy Birthday guys!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by St_PatGuy @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Happy Birthday, Andrew!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Do you have a decent switching box ? I was trying to find one with remote control and banana plug connections for less than a bazillion dollars with no success, so I was thinking about building one. Might use a flashlight for remote control -- 3 fl
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

The simplest answer is this: There is no "perfect" way to conduct a test. But .. let's compare a test like this to one as done by most magazines or the typical on line reviewer: They spend three or four days listening, then write up resul
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by 69glamboy @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Excellent information!! Exactly what I've been after. Thanks for the link.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

My understanding of the options is : 1. (preferred) - speakers mounted on hydraulically operated platforms (or a bunch of garage-sale Roombas rendered surplus after owners tire of posting cat/Roomba videos on YouTube) so each speaker under test move
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

I'm looking forward to reading your results and journey there. I have a couple of questions regarding a gtg setup. Based on some personal sighted A/B tests I did a while ago with some bookshelves I noticed some things. Their "ideal" pos
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Dude. Dude! Duuuuude.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dropped ball - speaker order by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

I completely get what you were trying to do, but it was kind of risky trying to nail down a date that far into the future as things can get hung up in customs coming from Canada. When I got my first shipment just over 10 years ago, I had them held a
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

<<< Except the snow innuendos. That was cruel. >>> I didn't even know what you were talking about; I had to go back and look at the previous posts! Wow! That was purely coincidence and not at all intentional! :::Doing everyth
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by Murph @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

A bit late but Happy Birthday Guys!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by Murph @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Thanks All. Much appreciated. Except the snow innuendos. That was cruel. heheheh Celebrated mildly on the weekend cause Monday's suck. Plus they double ruined it by holding the provincial election today. I did enjoy a great steak & beer ba
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayDuuuuuuuude! Happy Birthday! Ditto!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by BobKay @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

No matter what you think, you ARE catching up to some of us. Duuuuuuuude! Happy Birthday!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Matt - You just made a good point .. some clarification is a good idea here, in regards to how this type of testing works. There is the longer term testing between two speakers (in this case, M100's vs Martin Logan ESL Hybrid). I will break both sp
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by Adrian @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

Happy Birthday, Andrew!!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: craigsubBased on a conversation with Ian, I pulled the trigger and ordered an ADA-1000-5 and an EP-800 this morning. For most listening, the ADA-1000 will be used as a 3 channel amp for home theater use, and 2 channel for the t
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: When does the new Computer Speakers start shipping by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

I got word from Debbie that they should start shipping around the 20th of May, but it may take a few weeks to fulfill all the orders. Hey, that still is May.. I know, we all were hoping for the start of May rather than the end, but I would rather
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dropped ball - speaker order by Ajax @ Yesterday at 08:23 AM

Sorry to hear this, Andy. I've been on this board more than 10 years, and I don't remember hearing a similar complaint (of course, at my age, I don't remember if I've eaten breakfast yet ) . I Hope, and believe, when you hear your order it will he
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by Ajax @ Yesterday at 08:17 AM

Happy birthday, Murph. Hope you've thawed out by now.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.