You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by exlabdriver @ Today at 01:03 PM

Despite its beautiful image, watch out for image retention/burnin on OLED technology. A new LG OLED at my local BB has developed severe burnin with only a spectacular LG Demo running without any static images. The reddish LG logo on the demo appe
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: M5HP vs M60HP by Gr8_White_North @ Today at 12:07 PM

Mojo i too was shocked to read that troy has imaging issue's. My room is 15 x 16 x 8 ish and my M80's image well to my ears. I have ran it sans center channel with impressive results,maybe my brain is just adjusting to poor imaging? I know when my mi
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: M5HP vs M60HP by Mojo @ Today at 11:53 AM

Troy, you've complained about this before and I have to say I don't understand how you can possibly be experiencing a low-to-the-floor image. I've suggested in the past there may be a problem with your set up. Regarding your question, I asked Ian la
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Surround setup for music by Mojo @ Today at 11:46 AM

I've used 4 x QS8 v2 surrounds for music and movies with M80s for the last 11 years. I'm very happy with them. I'm getting ready to upgrade to QS10HP which I anticipate will give me a more immersive feel during movies and a wider and more linear soun
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts M5HP vs M60HP by TroyD @ Today at 08:21 AM

Just how big a difference is this ? I will be running dual subs Just curious I had the M80's and well Just cannot get the imagining off the floor or well about what seemed 18" off the floor. SO gave them to my VP160 as I rarely use it. But, ju
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by TroyD @ Today at 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By IanThis is one of the big problems, the HP driver really needs another driver to get it to the tweeter. It would also be a grossly undersized cabinet for all those woofers which means an active system with a DSP would be the onl
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Surround setup for music by SrMead @ Today at 02:55 AM

Thank you Brendo and Alan for your input. I'm still weighing alternatives for my new system and your insights are very helpful.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 01:37 AM

Not my most recent watch, but I enjoyed Magic for Humans on Netflix a lot. Besides being a good magician, Justin Willman has a fun, sometimes dark/weird sense of humor. I'll have to catch him in more stuff.
The Water Cooler
I haven't been logging as many hours as I should, but I have to say I haven't been regretting my Nintendo Switch purchase. A couple of weekends ago I had my best friend bring his kids and wife over to play ARMS, since they had a blast the previous ti
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ Today at 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By pmbukoBut I thought you were single? Why was this the last word on my thread? At least it's still fresh. I haven't posted any updates in a while, and yup, that's because I haven't made any great strides. However, I did just pu
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by brendo @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Buble is O.K. live we used to go watch him before he was well known. Lounge singer here in Vancouver think it was called Bubbaloos, like 18 years ago. Do the calibration on my old rebadged Integra 30.4 it was awesome, even with the crappy Audessey2
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by Mojo @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

I tried that last year by putting my Dreamcatchers on top of my M80s. I didn't wire them out of phase though. I used 2 side channel ouputs for the Totems and set it up as multi-channel stereo. I have per speaker EQ on my Onk and fooled around with th
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bryston Model T Mini bookshelf speaker by Slimpikins @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

I just found this older thread after researching images on Google for the Model T construction.... very impressive Plus the Zebra wood is gorgeous. My pair of Model T's are in Santos Rosewood; they are a work of art; precision cabinet work
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By MojoThanks guys. I understood the front height and width were simulated much like PLII and Neo. I was thinking I'd use them with 2-channel to maybe get the greater depth I am looking for out of my music listening. We could make
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by Mojo @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

PLII is amazing if calibrated properly but it's not for all tracks. Calcutta Blues by Brubeck in PLII brings tears to all those who hear it at my place. Buble on the other hand sounds totally live in stereo but is not nearly as good in PLII.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by brendo @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

For my size room 16/24/7 it added to my front stage immensely. Not sure for stereo though, the PL11z was cool with a really wide sound stage. Now use in similar Atomos DTSX placement also with a huge soundstage at times.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by Gr8_White_North @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

I am a puritan , for good or bad but i listen to 2 channel in 2 channel. If i play a 5.1 sacd it embrace that but using say plIIx for music seems weird to me. Sadly i cant have it all so i live with what i have and drive my mustang instead of getting
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by Mojo @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Thanks guys. I understood the front height and width were simulated much like PLII and Neo. I was thinking I'd use them with 2-channel to maybe get the greater depth I am looking for out of my music listening.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Do presence speakers work? by MatManhasgone @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

it really depends on the source material and the amp that you are using. You can on most translate the effects from Atmos and DTS-X to work quite well with height speakers. But I have also found myself that unless you are going out and buying all t
Forum Stats

15,260 Registered Members
16 Forums
24,054 Topics
424,783 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437
SirQuack 13576
CV 11680