AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (Ken.C, Ajax), 52 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23109 Topics
408653 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17872
pmbuko 16328
SirQuack 13356
CV 11414
MarkSJohnson 11083
Meanwhile On Facebook

Any roadies / concert lovers out there think this is as cool as I do?

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Kick it up for Tone!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ Today at 08:36 AM

I wouldn't claim that a preamp is necessary - only that it adds a smidgen to the dynamics - particularly at higher listening levels. I originally used my Oppo straight to the power amps and had friends claim it was the "best sound they'd ever h
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Today at 08:36 AM

It was tempting to try out some Magnepan 1.7's ... but the required amplifier (as per their suggestion) and somewhat lacking for use in a home theater tilted the decision to the Martin Logans. I have heard Maggies on several occasions, and they stru
Hearing Things
I was very impressed with the Maggies when I heard them 15 years ago. But that was before I heard Axioms, so my mileage may vary.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 07:27 AM

Not for JP.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by Ken.C @ Today at 07:16 AM

Does it need to be "manly?"
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Ken.C @ Today at 07:16 AM

I thought the comb filtering thing was more aimed at the VP150/VP180/M80/M100 types. The VP100 is a conventional D'Appolito design. Eh, whatever. I am completely unsurprised at your conclusions that a preamp is necessary.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: m100 by J. B. @ Today at 07:14 AM

sounds like Axiom is taylormade for you!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone heard from Murph? by chesseroo @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphHa. Nice to see someone missed me. Thanks! As Mark said, work became nuts after we were bought out completely buy our major shareholder, Bell Canada. We went through the usual process of "right sizing" (What an
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by chesseroo @ Today at 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Murph What to use to store CD's as Flac files easily? -- I used EAC to rip to FLAC & MP3 at the same time but it's not at all the easiest. Media Monkey and Foobar seems to be the goto for a lot of people. I use Foobar for
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Birthday by chesseroo @ Today at 12:11 AM

Since i miss so many of these threads, i'm going to put out a very inadequate blanket happy birthday to everyone for the entire year of 2015 on the probable chance i'm going to miss the thread on each and every birthday.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by chesseroo @ Today at 12:03 AM

Lots of great builds on the forums lately. Nicely done lads. Great photos.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

craigsub is back? nifty and doing some martin logan listening, very interesting indeed i almost pulled the trigger on some magnepans years ago but decided against it as i couldn't get an audition in my home with the units and secondly, i figured i wo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Alan's Birthday by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Alan doesn't have birthdays. He stopped aging at 55 i swear. Just look at his icon. He hasn't changed a bit.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver on a budget by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

That Pioneer unit will drive the M60s just fine. Like any receiver, it will have its limits. You have to know when to stop pushing that limit or you will chance clipping and speaker damage. I've run my M60s from a Harmon Kardon 380i receiver which l
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: World's largest Home Theater for sale on ebay by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

That is quite the wall of sound, in which i have zero interest. It just looks like someone stacked as many JBLs as they could together for a Guinness record attempt. I wonder if they won the award...
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

This is an interesting unit to ponder. Not a bad price point considering that a Sonos system, which has its own pluses and minuses, starts at the $500 mark.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillematt Yes dialog for the most part is in the tweeter range, Actually, no. http://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/audio-odd...%80%99s-voices/
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by newf @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

can't wait to see more pics of it as well. Right now it reminds me of the old Bose 901's
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by CV @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

I keep thinking it would be fun to have one around with a battery to take on picnics or other outdoor activities. I may have to be selfish and buy one for myself. I haven't really found lithium batteries to be lacking, but I still keep hoping for th
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by newf @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

I also would not use the term - purse or hand bag either. Not exactly manly. Its a high price point, stiff competition with household names. All of which come with lithium batteries. Interested in hearing one but I'll have to rely on others opinio
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by EFalardeau @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Prices pile up fast. I have a few rooms that are using separate components to achieve same result: M3s + AirPort Express (gives wifi and AirPlay) + WDTV (upnp) + Toshiba 180w feature-less receiver = 525 + 125 + 100 + 225 = 975$... It goes up to 1200
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: m100 by taylormade1ca @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

just a little update got my new m100 and all is good axiom what a great company no questions asked just great customer service.any body can ask me any thing about axiom and i will allways say what a great company.i am so happy
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by theskins @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattPerhaps I am off base and just not knowing.. But if you have an issue with the tweeter for the center speaker and the second row, would you not have the exact same issue for the Left and Right speaker also? The
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

Well TroyD stopped by on Saturday ( Nice guy ,BTW) to demo the Vp180 and the vp150...... I think he was impressed with the 180 for sure...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: newfI wish I could. My health isn't the best. Been struggling for a while. Spinal chord issues causing problems in my arms/legs and more I won't get into here. Been dealing with it now for 8 years and can't find any doctor to
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.