AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, brwsaw), 53 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13354 Members
11 Forums
23037 Topics
407380 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11030
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by newf @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Yeah, don't bitstream = no Atmos
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Can someone update the product specs and maybe add a link to a manual. i would like more info on the mounting depth. Curious how they will fit in my backer boxes.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

I vote QS4's. My second choice would be the in wall M2. And...I would have my rear surrounds inline with the knees of the back row viewers/listeners and approx 5' off the floor. The surrounds would be inline with the front row users knees at the same
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

I would be ok with exceptional low volume sound quality. I have heard a few portable units that really do belt it out, if only they sounded good all volumes. Bring it on... About that demo unit...?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by GJK @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

I should perhaps also note that this space will be used almost exclusively for movies/TV - little to no music listening.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: LLAP by Eno @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

"He's really not dead, as long as we remember him." NASA is mourning the passing today, Feb. 27, 2015, of actor Leonard Nimoy, most famous for his role as Star Trek's Vulcan science officer Mr. Spock. The sci-fi classic served as an inspir
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

No worries fred, Bobs short reply speaks volumes He already poo poo'd my choice. I was in a hurry to get them up on the wall. The first ones I covered are covered by old bed sheets. I used thumbtack's so I can change if I find something that really
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

My room was creepy quiet with the insulation exposed, and then became the most echoing room I've ever heard when the double drywall went up.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Channel up! Walls actually drywalled. Waiting for a pic once ceiling is finished. Holy cow. Already getting creepy quiet....
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by Socketman @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I doubt they will ever stop pirating. But it is good for the hardware makers. Soon we will have new 4k bluray drives for ripping , Oppo et el will make another BDP-XXX and we will be drug into another upgrade cycle against our will. My BDP-93 is like
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by fredk @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: SocketmanOriginally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: BobKayCool! You went with the guitars! When Bob holds back, you know its not good. Damn, hangs head in shame and goes to fabric store. I may go the route Nic
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooHeck, our media room tv is still an old 2002 Toshiba RPTV!! yep, can't give these things away these days but on that note, the picture has a nice film quality to it and in high definition, the image is still pretty
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by michael_d @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Cause Atmos is the coded sound track on some of the newer BR disks. There is no other choice, unless you speak a different language than English. Something to do with new anti-copy write crap the studios are using now. So far, two disks that come t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by newf @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

I am confused. What does Atmos have to do with this? The 4311 can not do Atmos. Why would you even choose playing the Atmos soundtrack?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts LLAP by a401classic @ Yesterday at 07:42 AM

RIP Leonard Nimoy.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by a401classic @ Yesterday at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolBluetooth.... Compressed audio... You know Axiom wouldn't "settle" for that... Yeah, I know. But for my office, which shares a common hall with 3 other offices (two on each side of the hall), in combination with an
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by Socketman @ 02/27/15 11:08 PM

M2's either or M22's , I have M2's in a room pretty much the same size hanging from the ceiling above and behind my couch and they are super good . I am contemplating getting another set to replace my QS4's. I use 2 way direct radiating for my bedro
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by JohnK @ 02/27/15 11:05 PM

GJ,welcome. With the second row being that close to the wall, it would be difficult to create an effective rear surround field for those listeners. The QS8s would come closer to the goal than would any direct firing speaker and would also be very eff
Home Theater
I like these no nonsense replies! Any others welcome!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by bridgman @ 02/27/15 09:36 PM

http://www.allposters.ca/-st/Metallica-Fabric-Posters-posters_c94866_.htm http://www.amazon.com/30x40-Metallica-Justice-Fabric-Poster/dp/B000EOFH3W The review on Amazon said the fabric was "very poor", hopefully that's what we would call
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ 02/27/15 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: BobKayCool! You went with the guitars! When Bob holds back, you know its not good. Damn, hangs head in shame and goes to fabric store. I may go the route Nick went if I can find some decen
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by fredk @ 02/27/15 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayCool! You went with the guitars! When Bob holds back, you know its not good.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic House using Axiom image by fredk @ 02/27/15 07:45 PM

Those speakers do seem familiar...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by fredk @ 02/27/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Mojo QS8s on the sides. M22s on the rear. agree.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by Mojo @ 02/27/15 07:08 PM

QS8s on the sides. M22s on the rear.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.