AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, richeydog), 43 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23112 Topics
408753 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17875
pmbuko 16328
SirQuack 13356
CV 11419
MarkSJohnson 11085
Meanwhile On Facebook

(y) Great review from Christopher B! "The VP150 is an excellent center channel...

Any roadies / concert lovers out there think this is as cool as I do?

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 27 minutes 46 seconds ago

In trying to get the vp180 v4 to play nice with the M80 ti's ,I just want to mention I have tried port plugs on vp180 in misc configurations (1,2 and 3 ports plugged)and did not like any of them... Too much of the low end was takin away........ Anyon
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by brwsaw @ 47 minutes 54 seconds ago

For some reason we won't get Age of Ultron until the 22nd... I'm hoping to watch something, anything, tonight. At least I am getting some game time in our screen room.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by brwsaw @ Today at 04:47 PM

Boom did you confirm, how far do you sit from the VP100? I had (still do technically) a nice sounding center but needed more power handling once we started sitting further back. That speaker has a sweet spot about 8' from it. Just curious...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by Ken.C @ Today at 04:29 PM

Happyity birthday, guys!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by BobKay @ Today at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooI already sent out my broad spectrum HB on the year (sounds like an antibiotic infusion). Perhaps Bob can comment on my lackadaisical HB greetings to make everyone's special day more jovial. It's not everyone's birth
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Today at 11:09 AM

Based on a conversation with Ian, I pulled the trigger and ordered an ADA-1000-5 and an EP-800 this morning. For most listening, the ADA-1000 will be used as a 3 channel amp for home theater use, and 2 channel for the tower tests. The Marantz will p
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by Ajax @ Today at 10:45 AM

Happy birthday to both.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by St_PatGuy @ Today at 10:19 AM

Happy Birthday, Randy and Joe!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ Today at 09:21 AM

And the more I live with the VP100, the more I like it. I've changed my center channel amplification from independent stereo power amps to the built-in wimpy-amps of a HK AVR. Despite the drop in available power, the centers (and surrounds) continu
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Today at 07:45 AM

My first great power amp was a Marantz 510 with the matching 3600 preamp - bought them in 1978. Last year, I picked up a perfect Marantz 250 amp ... 125 WPC into 8 ohms and 200 into 4 ... bench tested this amp at 166 WPC into 8 / 252 into 4. It wil
Hearing Things
Aww, I miss my 2252B.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 06:13 AM

Happy birthday, guys!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by chesseroo @ Today at 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: CVVikings. Overall, I'm finding the show lackluster, but I do have to hand it to the main actor. He has great faces and really owns the role. I think it has potential to grow into itself, but it's not there yet (I'm most of the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 03:39 AM

Vikings. Overall, I'm finding the show lackluster, but I do have to hand it to the main actor. He has great faces and really owns the role. I think it has potential to grow into itself, but it's not there yet (I'm most of the way through the second s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by chesseroo @ Today at 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: CVSpoiler alert! Keep it randy! Happy Birthday to both of you. But Randyman hasn't been on since 2003. https://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/217
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by CV @ Today at 03:31 AM

Spoiler alert! Keep it randy! Happy Birthday to both of you.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ Today at 03:24 AM

And for the evening, a Beringer Knights Valley cab 2004 alongside a Chook Shed (Australian Barossa Valley) shiraz 2009. Both lovely with burger dinner (bacon and brie cheese toppings). Started with various prosciutto appetizers though (with bruscetta
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by chesseroo @ Today at 03:20 AM

I already sent out my broad spectrum HB on the year (sounds like an antibiotic infusion). Perhaps Bob can comment on my lackadaisical HB greetings to make everyone's special day more jovial.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by chesseroo @ Today at 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphMy buddy couldn't get at his trees this year due to too much snow. No home made syrup for me. I'm very sad. Oh that is a true sorrow. I bought some birch syrup a few weeks ago. More expensive than maple syrup (far less
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by chesseroo @ Today at 03:12 AM

Originally i read that as "Ian still looks like Alan". Geez i had way too much of the Chook Shed shiraz this evening. http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1089652 I'm glad to see Marantz is still chugging along and keeping with some
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Birthday, Birthday by JohnK @ Today at 01:02 AM

May brings a cluster of member birthdays, and Randy(SirQuack)and Joe(Spoiler)lead off on Sunday. Happy Birthday, guys!.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphI was going to ask if the different depth of the right speaker changes anything but I see you have an acoustamoose to compensate. Well done! Yup. Works way better than those beak things. The speakers are at the same dep
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by EFalardeau @ Yesterday at 05:07 PM

Wow! You've been busy. You're getting great results. Congratulations. Looks like you're missing some Axiom Aeris in there.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 05:17 AM

Chesseroo ... Ian still looks like Ian. And he still has the famous Ian laugh. Unfortunately, no pictures. When the speakers arrive, I promise to take a lot of pix. I settled on a Marantz 7008 amp. It tested well, including over 200 wpc as a two ch
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ Yesterday at 12:36 AM

Thanks, Murph!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.