Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-888-352-9466 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog
Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,367 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,131 Topics
409,119 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17880
pmbuko 16335
SirQuack 13356
CV 11436
MarkSJohnson 11102
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by michael_d @ 05/20/15 09:18 AM

https://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php/topics/410050/8
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 05/20/15 07:34 AM

Jeff - I have not yet heard the Signatures, but I did own a pair of Legacy's original flagship speakers, the Model 1's, purchased in 1988. Today, in the line up, they would be considered the ancestor to the Classic HD's. They were a wonderful speake
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by TroyD @ 05/19/15 07:42 PM

yeh, I just want the final system be right. I was looking at Paradigm Studio 100' the cc690 and ADP came to 12K maybe pushing the limit. Not really caring about finish a lot. Why ???? there in a darken room anyways. However, having the Main in a nic
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by theskins @ 05/19/15 06:14 PM

Did you see the qs4's locally on kijiji $75 (with a VP-50centre) ......if in good shape that's fair.....also v3 VP 180 at refurb store......but sounds like you maybe at a crossroads with your future home theatre decisions ...... This hobby is great.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer drink Gift by Serenity_Now @ 05/19/15 05:52 PM

Lol! I never cook... And the one time I wanna show off.. Lol. You keep me humble, Bob.
The Water Cooler
Hi Murph, There was a segment recently on 60 minutes that was centered on an island off the coast of Scotland, Islay Island. Seems that this Island is home to a bunch of single malt distilleries, 8 of them I think. The segment was one of the last sto
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by BobKay @ 05/19/15 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyDOriginally Posted By: Serenity_NowI wouldnt muck around with and ID speakers at that price point. You are into the PMC 23, ATC 19, Tannoy Definition, Revel F208, Wharfedale Jade 7, etc price/performance realm. Kinda gets
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer drink Gift by BobKay @ 05/19/15 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowThis Medicine rules! (For heart attack prevention? ) Is that some twisted version of Texas Toast? It looks like a think slice of white bread that someone met while getting sick on too much cheddar and spin
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by Strider53 @ 05/19/15 04:27 PM

Hi Craig, by including the Legacy Sig SE's you have my undivided attention! I have wondered what it is about these and the Salk SS8's that commands such glowing remarks, owner loyalty in some of the other Audio forums. At the end of the day they're j
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by Serenity_Now @ 05/19/15 04:07 PM

Now that I know your room size 2 SB2000s would even be enough. My room will be a little bigger than yours and I expect my 2 to still be more than enough. My old room was 12x17x8 and they were silly good. I wonder about the pluses but cant afford
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by Socketman @ 05/19/15 03:19 PM

Hmmm , I would have never guessed, it would definitely look much nicer that way. I took a scrap piece a few days ago and tried out of curiosity and the grain seemed to open up so I never went as far as wetting it. I will look for the pictures.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by michael_d @ 05/19/15 02:49 PM

Finish weighs heavily on cost, so you might want to prioritize that first.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by michael_d @ 05/19/15 02:18 PM

I got it damp, then rolled it over the front edges. One piece to the back corners. Rounding the front edges helped too, but they are somewhat rounded now. I posted pics somewhere. Maybe Mark's wood thread.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Movie review: Interstellar by fredk @ 05/19/15 12:59 PM

Hey, wadayawant? Its Hollywood. Without those happy sappy endings you get stuff like A Boy and his Dog.
The Water Cooler
I used to avoid the most peaty scotches but this 10 year Ardbeg is winning me over. It is indeed peaty but there is so much more to the flavor that I'm really enjoying it. Also, I finally got some of those stainless steel ice cubes so I can sip it
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Movie review: Interstellar by Murph @ 05/19/15 12:36 PM

I Loved this movie. However, I did find that the very final scene felt just way too 'thrown in there'. Spoiler Content It just felt like the producer needed to add the extras in to satisfy his cranky wife who demanded a happy ending.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by exlabdriver @ 05/19/15 12:26 PM

Thankfully when I find a product that I really like & does the job to my satisfaction, I tend to hold on to it for a long time. I used my AX2s for 20 good years & still have them stored away. A couple of years ago when I finally looked at m
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by TroyD @ 05/19/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowI wouldnt muck around with and ID speakers at that price point. You are into the PMC 23, ATC 19, Tannoy Definition, Revel F208, Wharfedale Jade 7, etc price/performance realm. Kinda gets more about the looks over a
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 05/19/15 12:16 PM

Yes next to lighting isle.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Quick answer needed - Anyone used these by Serenity_Now @ 05/19/15 12:15 PM

Anytime. . Glad you're sorted.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Murph @ 05/19/15 12:12 PM

Hey, were they at Home Depot or ???
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Quick answer needed - Anyone used these by Murph @ 05/19/15 12:09 PM

Thanks all!! My plan was to decide if I would order something Friday at the latest as I had a limited time opportunity for a deal for a 30' HDMI cable from a friend who just ripped up his HT to turn it into workout room after flood damage from the f
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by TroyD @ 05/19/15 12:06 PM

I like the Golden Ear Triton Two and the SuperCentre XL the only issue is GoldenEar only seems to have direct radiating rear speakers. ;( But I heard them a couple years ago and the bottom end is awesome
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 05/18/15 11:36 PM

Guys - Things are moving forward nicely. The M100's and M50's should be ready to ship in two weeks, and we are adding a pair of Legacy Signature SE's to the mix ... They are quite the high end speaker, and will definitely be great to have for this pr
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by Socketman @ 05/18/15 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_dI covered an EP600 with cherry veneer. Sanded the leading edges a bit to put a slight radius on them and just wrapped them tightly with the veneer. Then I capped the top and bottoms. Roughed up the vinyl with a ROS and
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.