AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
4 registered (exlabdriver, GWiederhoft, Da_Gimp_Pimp, MarkSJohnson), 37 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13359 Members
11 Forums
23075 Topics
407997 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17841
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11385
MarkSJohnson 11061
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Happy birthday, Eric!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Happy birthday, Chris!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Wall plates & other accessories by minorc @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

I ended up using cablesonsale, great selection and prices. Now to figure out paint color.. Thanks all
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

Call it upgrade-itus. I have a Pioneer receiver that I am basically using as a pre-amp. It works and sounds OK. I will say that I sort of prefer the sound of my older Nakamichi AV1 but it won't work with my LFR1100 speakers as it has no pre-out.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Dang it, I always get those two confused. I ment Adcom
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 09:49 AM

Well, you can argue they were free and splurge on an amp upgrade. I can support any and all assumptions you may have about Arcam being a worthwhile investment.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

There was an Arcam on the Canukaudiomart in Edmonton but I missed it, hence the reason I was looking at the class AB Crown XLI. The speakers cost enough so I have to keep the amp cost as low as possible or the wife will.....
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Hdcp 2.2 and atmos arent doable for $400 quite yet. I'd get something from Canuckaudiomart with that budget. I would stay clear of onkyo.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by casey01 @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By: JordanExcellent suggestions guys. I'm assuming that the accessories for less route means a trip south of the border, correct? Well, since they are an online only reseller, you would require a U.S. address to which to ship, if
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Jordan @ Yesterday at 07:34 AM

Excellent suggestions guys. I'm assuming that the accessories for less route means a trip south of the border, correct?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 01:51 AM

Sorry, I was hoping you could confirm did you check the polarity visually or did you swap the cable ends and listen?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by CV @ Yesterday at 01:28 AM

Eric, Happy Birthday!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by Lampshade @ 03/25/15 11:00 PM

Sorry Bob, The cake is gone. But I will send Jay back to Brookline to get you one.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by Serenity_Now @ 03/25/15 09:14 PM

I'll second PMC as fantastic TL speakers. Spent some time as I auditioned coveting them. Very expensive.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: C14 plug & hooking up a UPS by Serenity_Now @ 03/25/15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: CatBrat There's also a rechargeable light plugged in under the TV that's switched off, but comes on automatically when the power to the house stops, to let me know to shut down the theater. That is a great idea. Thanks for s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by oakvillematt @ 03/25/15 09:08 PM

Another option that you can get great deals on but it's sort of a waiting game. Big box stores like Futureshop generally carry two years worth of inventory. So as new stuff comes out, the old stuff gets cleared out at a reasonable price. I pick
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by craigsub @ 03/25/15 08:39 PM

Jordan - In addition to Fireguy's excellent suggestion to look at Accessories4less, One Call has a terrific deal on a Marantz 5009 ... It has Audyssey Silver (Which means XT processing, among other things), solid performing amps (measured at 68 WPC w
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by Strider53 @ 03/25/15 08:18 PM

Beethoven Symphony No 9, D minor Gewandhaus Orchestra Herbert Blomstedt conducting Beethoven was deaf when he composed this? Amazing!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by Strider53 @ 03/25/15 08:12 PM

So I have done a little searching and found that yes, Salk Sound has a least two models where the TL design is utilized, the Song Tower and Veracity models. Also found that Atlantic Tech is promoting what they refer to as H-PAS that they indicate is
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by nickbuol @ 03/25/15 08:03 PM

Happy birthday Eric!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by FireGuy @ 03/25/15 07:59 PM

Jordan - Accessories4less is a great place for refirb gear. I've used them for a couple of Denon amps plus a Boston & Canton sub with good success. The refirb option gives you an opportunity for an upper level AVR at a mid level price and the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by oakvillematt @ 03/25/15 07:42 PM

Not wanting to come across as dissing your investment. It could be a wonderful unit. I am just stating my own observations and conclusions from past experience. I would not say that my Anthem MCA5ii is a top end amp. I know there are some that ar
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Help me choose an AVR by Jordan @ 03/25/15 07:33 PM

Greetings, I'm getting to the end of my basement home theatre renovation and could use a little advice on AVRs. I've installed in-wall and in ceiling M3's, an in-wall VP100, and paired that with an SVS PB-2000 (12" / 500 watt rms) for a 5.1 se
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ 03/25/15 07:08 PM

According to Denon the X4000 uses a class AB amplification
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by bridgman @ 03/25/15 05:44 PM

Another "built my own" experience here, probably from the early '80s. Mine were a fairly standard 3-way, IIRC the drivers were KEF B139, B110 and T27. Maybe 4 feet tall, 12" wide and 18" deep. A number of my friends built identica
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.