AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (Kevin1), 29 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13359 Members
11 Forums
23076 Topics
408004 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17841
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11385
MarkSJohnson 11061
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by Strider53 @ 03/25/15 08:12 PM

So I have done a little searching and found that yes, Salk Sound has a least two models where the TL design is utilized, the Song Tower and Veracity models. Also found that Atlantic Tech is promoting what they refer to as H-PAS that they indicate is
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by nickbuol @ 03/25/15 08:03 PM

Happy birthday Eric!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by FireGuy @ 03/25/15 07:59 PM

Jordan - Accessories4less is a great place for refirb gear. I've used them for a couple of Denon amps plus a Boston & Canton sub with good success. The refirb option gives you an opportunity for an upper level AVR at a mid level price and the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by oakvillematt @ 03/25/15 07:42 PM

Not wanting to come across as dissing your investment. It could be a wonderful unit. I am just stating my own observations and conclusions from past experience. I would not say that my Anthem MCA5ii is a top end amp. I know there are some that ar
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Help me choose an AVR by Jordan @ 03/25/15 07:33 PM

Greetings, I'm getting to the end of my basement home theatre renovation and could use a little advice on AVRs. I've installed in-wall and in ceiling M3's, an in-wall VP100, and paired that with an SVS PB-2000 (12" / 500 watt rms) for a 5.1 se
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ 03/25/15 07:08 PM

According to Denon the X4000 uses a class AB amplification
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by bridgman @ 03/25/15 05:44 PM

Another "built my own" experience here, probably from the early '80s. Mine were a fairly standard 3-way, IIRC the drivers were KEF B139, B110 and T27. Maybe 4 feet tall, 12" wide and 18" deep. A number of my friends built identica
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: C14 plug & hooking up a UPS by oakvillematt @ 03/25/15 05:16 PM

My thought of using a UPS is not really for surge, but what happens after the surge (brownout dips) that you need to really be adding power to the line. The only method to do that is via some form of battery.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by oakvillematt @ 03/25/15 05:12 PM

I find that most ( I might even say all ) modern Class D receivers suck in getting a pleasing sound output. i have an old Nakamichi AV1 that was rated at a whole whopping 100W at 8ohms. When I hooked up the M80's that I initally ordered they abso
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by alan @ 03/25/15 04:49 PM

Hi Strider53, Yes, decades ago, in the early 1970s, I built two large transmission line passive subwoofers based on a design marketed by IMF (Irving M. Fried). The enclosure was coffin-like and stood about chest height, with the KEF bass driver faci
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by casey01 @ 03/25/15 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooHeck, our media room tv is still an old 2002 Toshiba RPTV!! yep, can't give these things away these days but on that note, the picture has a nice film quality to it and in high definition, the image is still pretty
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ 03/25/15 12:26 PM

Chris, can you drop off a watch here on your way to work today?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ 03/25/15 12:25 PM

In the line of diminishing wishes: e (I'm covered because I did the FaceBook thing!)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: C14 plug & hooking up a UPS by CatBrat @ 03/25/15 11:54 AM

For around $200+ you can add full house surge protection to your circuit breaker box. My electrician said to buy from an electrical supply store. I've not added one yet, but would like to. I currently have my home theater stuff hooked up to an APC J
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by CatBrat @ 03/25/15 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SocketmanYour not missing much LOL , not sure I would spend 5 bux to buy it or not . Have you watched John Wick, apparently its another movie that is problematic. Never heard of John Wick. I watched the first half of The Hob
Hearing Things
I'm a big lover of Pioneer Elite amps. Mid to upper price range. I'd love to see how it compares.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by CatBrat @ 03/25/15 11:39 AM

E!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by CatBrat @ 03/25/15 11:38 AM

Mmmmm. Cake.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: There's gold in them thar, um, droppings... by CatBrat @ 03/25/15 11:35 AM

Yikes! That's just weird.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by BobKay @ 03/25/15 10:49 AM

HBD, E!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by BobKay @ 03/25/15 10:48 AM

Chris, can you drop off a piece of cake here on your way to work today?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by DrStrangeQuark @ 03/25/15 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkNice! Did you spray or roll the screen? Thanks! Rolled the undercoat (Kilz2) and sprayed the silverfire. Here's a writeup on my experience.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by michael_d @ 03/25/15 09:36 AM

Orca, How far do you sit from the TV, and what size did you buy?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wireless earbuds for treadmill jogging? by michael_d @ 03/25/15 09:33 AM

Oh cool! Thanks Peter. I like the widget for plugging into the TV. That's what I was imagining I'd need. Just couldn't find it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Eric's Birthday by JohnK @ 03/25/15 09:33 AM

Today Eric(EFalardeau)will be celebrating, probably including some listening to his numerous Axioms. Happy Birthday, Eric!
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.