AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
1 registered (theskins), 52 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13355 Members
11 Forums
23040 Topics
407403 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11030
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: In wall wiring by Serenity_Now @ 02/26/15 04:39 PM

Just beat me to it.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: In wall wiring by Serenity_Now @ 02/26/15 04:38 PM

Run them 1' apart when running parallel and cross at 90 degrees if you have to. Do not use the same holes. It doesnt matter if its cat5 or speaker or telephone, same general practice applies. Nick is right, and not crazy.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: In wall wiring by Adrian @ 02/26/15 04:38 PM

Tks, Nick. I'm going to play it safe, I've drilled separate holes for speaker wiring.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 02/26/15 03:21 PM

I said kijiji ...I meant Canuck audiomart Yes I too noticed the pics and questioned him on real wood...he said he's not sure and can't tell.....so yeah I would say vinyl....and he is the second owner as well...... How is the HK 3490?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 02/26/15 01:53 PM

I too also inquired about the Centre VP180. He won't go lower than $550. He is in Windsor but, the speaker is in Halifax. He also states it is real wood Cherry, however. looking at the pics closer it looks like Boston Cherry vinyl.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 02/26/15 01:52 PM

Agreed. Let the pros deliver it. I got enough drywall that the delivery was included. They would put the sheets in whatever locations and quantities around my basement that I wanted. 108 sheets of 12 foot long (the BIG stuff) drywall. The cost
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Electronic House using Axiom image by nickbuol @ 02/26/15 01:47 PM

I saw this today in my inbox. Electronic House talking about quick tips for tweaking your home theater setup, and the speakers in the article looked familiar. 4 Simple Tweaks to Improve Your Home Stereo and Surround Sound Speakers Here is the
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: In wall wiring by nickbuol @ 02/26/15 01:40 PM

Uh, oh.... This was sort of discussed elsewhere here and I was basically called a crazy person for saying that there would be any interference running power and network in the same holes. Speaker wires aren't protected from interference like networ
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by nickbuol @ 02/26/15 01:36 PM

I was just at Axiom 2 days ago. It is amazing how closely they examine things and any blemish and it doesn't go out as "regular" stock. There are stories all over here (mine included) about "scratch and dent" from Axiom and peop
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CatBrat @ 02/26/15 12:20 PM

I watched The Amazing Spider-man 2 movie for the first time last night. Was much better than my expectations.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts In wall wiring by Adrian @ 02/26/15 11:56 AM

Is there any chance of electrical interference if I run speaker wire through the same holes in the joists as nmd90 or should I just drill some separate holes? Tks, Adrian
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by oakvillematt @ 02/26/15 11:23 AM

if you buy the v3 off kijiji then anything is wrong it's your dime to get it fixed. Spend your $100 more and your getting a certified unit from Axiom with their 2 years standing behind it.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by brwsaw @ 02/26/15 10:20 AM

Go with the V4.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500V4 will not enter power save mode by Andrew @ 02/26/15 09:35 AM

Hi blatisi, If your receiver does not have a trigger output, there is no way to put an EP500v4 into standby mode. None of our subwoofers have any sort of signal sensing to automatically put them into standby mode. The only solution is to use the tri
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 02/26/15 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowJust finished watching the series Danger 5 on netflix. Highly recommend. From someone who is a bit of a movie geek, this just has so much to offer in so many ways. Hilarious! I watched this after you mentioned
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by CV @ 02/26/15 02:16 AM

The Pipettes - We Are the Pipettes Pretty solid album. I can see it being in my rotation for a while. Have a taste: The Pipettes - "Dirty Mind" Another song I'm late on hearing, which I like. If you don't mind overly-processed, check it
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by bridgman @ 02/26/15 12:16 AM

I'm running M60ti mains with a VP180v3 center and the match is really good. It's hard to be sure, but based on listening reports from others I get the impression that if anything the v3 is probably a bit closer to your ti's than the v4. I'm sure ei
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Hansang @ 02/25/15 10:47 PM

"Best $110 I've ever spent" Amen to that!!!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Vp 180 center by theskins @ 02/25/15 10:02 PM

I am looking to upgrade my current center speaker vp 150 v2 ( never been real happy with this one)to a vp 180 There is a v3 vp180 locally on kijiji for $600 like new(as described) can probably get for a little less ......There is one in B stock now
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by Serenity_Now @ 02/25/15 06:48 PM

Corner placement?! Uhhhh....
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 02/25/15 06:42 PM

Today was a productive day... and I wasnt even here. My building pal is on days off and took the liberty of coordinating my deliveries and, what the hell, insulating the entire basement as per my constant yammering on. Here I am having walked in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 02/25/15 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolGoogle had me go just east of Lake Simcoe on the way up, and just west of the last back to downtown Toronto. Took just about 3 hours each way. I have been staying just a few blocks from the CN Tower for a starting poin
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by nickbuol @ 02/25/15 02:12 PM

Google had me go just east of Lake Simcoe on the way up, and just west of the last back to downtown Toronto. Took just about 3 hours each way. I have been staying just a few blocks from the CN Tower for a starting point. Going through Peterborough
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 02/25/15 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolCam, I don't know which direction of Huntsville that 2.5 hours is, but I was coming from Toronto. Any other direction would be more driving than I cared to put into the day. I'm 1 1/2 from Toronto. Basically you dri
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by nickbuol @ 02/25/15 02:02 PM

+1 agree with CatBrat Usually a sub in the corner will make it "boomier" and overly loud. The corner reinforces the sound waves , but with ever so slightly different response times to the listening area with makes it less precise (a bit b
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.