Wall'O'Fame
Axiom Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Cinema
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
3 registered (Rock_Head, J. B., JBG), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,464 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,347 Topics
413,750 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17994
pmbuko 16400
SirQuack 13360
CV 11547
MarkSJohnson 11299
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Thump thump ep600 by mastaplaya @ 02/09/16 03:30 PM

Any idea why an ep600 would randomly start making a thump thump noise when all sources are turned off to it but power is still turned on to it's amp? Really annoying at 3AM. It functions normally otherwise.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by BobKay @ 02/09/16 01:24 PM

Fred, when it comes to other old men's opinions (60 this year, right?), you know I count yours among the highest. Same for Chris, but in the Middle-Aged category. That Chris really knows his stuff.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by fredk @ 02/08/16 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By BobKay... All of this was dictated to me by Fred. Good job. And here I was, all worried you'd screw it all up.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by TheGayBobKay @ 02/08/16 08:23 PM

HEHEHE
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by Serenity_Now @ 02/08/16 06:30 PM

Lol. Hilariously far Cam. Too far? Who knows for sure.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by Lampshade @ 02/08/16 06:30 PM

A crazy painter/musician told me this one time while we were picking up a light fixture in Dorchester; The Who is the greatest pure (sic) rock band. Led Zep and others leaned very bluesy.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool by BobKay @ 02/08/16 06:01 PM

Dan Hicks (Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks), at 74. I was such a fan of the 2 women singers, especially Naomi Ruth Eisenberg! I should Google her. Boy, we're not scoring here at all, at all.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by BobKay @ 02/08/16 05:56 PM

You should reconsider. I hear that oboe players get a lot of action these days.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by BobKay @ 02/08/16 05:48 PM

I know you like to live dangerously, Cam, but remember that hell hath no fury like a queen scorned. I may be an impatient guy at some things, but I can wait yeeeeeaaaaaars for just the right moment to bite your ass off, chair leather, metal tubing an
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by BobKay @ 02/08/16 05:38 PM

L-O-V-E Zep, have everything and still listen, but The Who blew our minds more regularly than did Led Zeppelin. The Who put on a better show (in the early 70's) than Zep. Townsend is a better writer than the Zep pair. Oddly, part of the great show
Home Theater
Oh, I know that they can customize it. I visited the Axiom shop in person almost exactly 1 year ago. GREAT experience. We talked about "un-skinned" on-wall M3s so that I could paint them to match the ceiling (I believe that this is a sta
Home Theater
for my end I will need to do some tests with a pair of m3 bookshelves and the QS8s for surrounds with the atmos and dts-x
Home Theater
Just got off the horn with Debbie @ axiom... wow they really can customize speaker for ya... on the M3 on wall they can put binding posts on them & have the full metal bracket screw for the back even have them horizontally oriented .... give Debb
Home Theater
Short answer, yes... I went to CEDIA 2014 where they formally announced Atmos and had several demos set up. I specifically asked about surround speakers, and was told several times, including right from Dolby reps, that monopole speakers are what A
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by MarkSJohnson @ 02/08/16 11:41 AM

You know, I've always been a Led Zep fan, but I think I'm going to put on some Who this afternoon. I feel like they might be better. I bet.
Home Theater
did you swap out the qs8s because they don't meet the Atmos specs? it seems I might have to do the same as you... read it here; http://hometheaterhifi.com/technical/tec...nd-the-reality/
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by medic8r @ 02/08/16 09:25 AM

No, I don't get too worried over who's better. Who's better is not something I argue about. Everybody will have his/her own opinion on who's better, and I respect that.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Brwsaw's Room Plan by Serenity_Now @ 02/08/16 04:30 AM

If you keep your second row you may have to raise it up a bit. At 18" off the floor your eyes should be at just under the midpoint of the screen while seated in the first row. Do you like the smaller screen size? Might take a movie to get us
Home Theater
I should also mention that I have not yet leveled the side speakers, and the acoustical panel will be moved at a later date when I add 2 more panels to the room. The current 3 panels on each side will end up being centered under each of the 3 wall sc
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by TheGayBobKay @ 02/07/16 08:54 PM

This One Direction cover by the yummy and talented Piano Guys is just oh so fab fab fabulous - linky dinky thingy.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Brwsaw's Room Plan by brwsaw @ 02/07/16 07:58 PM

All speakers are in place and the screen has been lowered. The image is 90" diagonal and 18 inches off the floor, pretty low. Once the seats are back in I might need to raise it back up.
Home Theater
I'm using the same stuff but just the single pair version. Good wire. It is amazing how much time and effort was and will be spent to just move the wires about 16 inches tops. For the record, I soldered and added heat shrink to each connection f
Home Theater
ok... passing the wire was one heck of a feat... I used http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4039 was a easier to pass 2 wires runs instead of 4
Home Theater
Thanks JBG for the tips. I won't be going with in-ceiling speakers mainly because my room is sound isolated (new term for soundproofed). I have 2 layers of 5/8" drywall, attached to hat channel, isolation clips, and then to the ceiling joists.
Home Theater
Nice work there, when installing my atmos in-ceiling I ran into 2 issues.. perhaps this might help out if you plan to buy the axiom's atmos speakers 1st I have 1/2 inch drywall and when fixing the speaker in place the little legs don't quite make it
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.