AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (JBG), 51 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23109 Topics
408610 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17869
pmbuko 16326
SirQuack 13356
CV 11413
MarkSJohnson 11080
Meanwhile On Facebook

Any roadies / concert lovers out there think this is as cool as I do?

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Kick it up for Tone!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by glenmac @ 04/23/15 09:32 PM

Wow thanks for the input. I start the archiving tomorrow!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by oakvillematt @ 04/23/15 07:45 PM

Take a look inside the Settings / Extensions. that is where the malbuggers like to put stuff for Chrome. As they are apps, non of the scan software looks for them
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by oakvillematt @ 04/23/15 07:27 PM

And it turns out they have a OSx version of the software. The down side is that you can't buy a license to use the app on both mac and windows.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ 04/23/15 07:20 PM

What a waste of a day; however, I managed to save all of my Bookmarks, uninstalled my Dragon Browser & re-installed with the latest version. All seems well now with no pop-ups or re-directions happening even with Java Script on. So I guess that
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Ken.C @ 04/23/15 06:57 PM

The Honda is awesome. Mulched wet, 6 inch high grass with no problems at all.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 04/23/15 06:40 PM

Happy happy birthday!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: World's largest Home Theater for sale on ebay by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:44 PM

Dang! The screen is too small.
Stereo
Just don't buy a cheep-a$$ Sony receiver. I did that and it caused my M22's to never produce any thing that sounded like bass. Don't know much about the M2's though.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:35 PM

I'd never buy another LCD after having 3 of them and 1 plasma. All 3 had off axis viewing problems. Don't know if that was ever fixed. Haven't shopped around much lately, but I did see an OLED that might be a good contender for Plasma. Perhaps better
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 rattling by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphI did see Brian lurking around the house that week though. Hard to find places to dispose of old cat toys today.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Birthday by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:23 PM

HBA
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:22 PM

HBM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by Shain @ 04/23/15 05:19 PM

Thanks for the info! I have an emotiva umc 200 preamp that does 7.1 -EITHER surround back or front heights. I currently am running a surround back with 2 on wall m3 s but honestly for music or 5.1 stuff it sounds better to use my qs8's surrounds only
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:15 PM

My next to last mower was a Snapper for $300. Was rear wheel drive propelled. I used it for about 7 years before buying a Husqvarna (has honda engine) for $500. I much prefer the Snapper. Still runs good, but smokes a bit now. Note: Was going to bu
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy National Record Store Day! by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 04/23/15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_PimpWhat do record stores keep a record of? Originally Posted By: pmbukoNumber of bad jokes made at their expense, for one. Good to know. I assume another one is pontificating replies to lighthearted forum posts?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ 04/23/15 04:52 PM

I found the first glitch - I can't post with Java Script Off. What a friggin pain... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ 04/23/15 04:51 PM

Interestingly I got a banner at the top of the Axiom Home Page (along with a bunch of popups) that that stated that it had detected problems my Flash Player & Java files. I did not click on the invitation to 'Fix' them; however, I went into my
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ 04/23/15 04:10 PM

It's been a frustrating 4 hours. I've run a bunch of Scans - MS Security, etc & Malware Bytes. MS stuff didn't find anything but Malware Bytes found a bunch of malware & got rid of it; however, I still seem to have something going on in my
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: On-Ceiling Speakers for Immersive Sound by nickbuol @ 04/23/15 03:31 PM

The idea with Atmos and DTS:X is that they can use that 1980's technology idea of "phantom speakers" by making a sound appear to come from a location where there isn't a speaker, so having additional speakers, whether heights or ceilings, g
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by Andrew @ 04/23/15 03:26 PM

I will echo Matt's recommendation of dbPoweramp. It's one of the few pieces of software I actually shelled out for after being so impressed with the trial version. With a processor running multiple cores, dbPoweramp can utilize all of them simultaneo
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by oakvillematt @ 04/23/15 03:06 PM

What is the Pre/Receiver that you have? Personally, I found that running Height channels on the front gave me a better experience than the surround back channels did. ie, it felt more real with 5.1 + front heights. I was running this on my Yamaha
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by CV @ 04/23/15 02:29 PM

I've always been happy with EZ CD Audio Converter for all of my ripping and tagging needs. It's not as cheap as it used to be, but it does come with a lifetime subscription to GD3 metadata now, and you get free updates for the life of the product. I
Home Theater
Jump to new posts front height channels by Shain @ 04/23/15 01:36 PM

Who has experience with the front height channels? Are they worth the effort?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by oakvillematt @ 04/23/15 01:01 PM

For music conversion, I have been using dbPowerAmp. The price isn't too bad and there is just about every file format under the sun it converts to and between. As for streaming to my Pre-Amp. I have made up a small windows box using a Zotac Zbox,
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: On-Ceiling Speakers for Immersive Sound by oakvillematt @ 04/23/15 12:44 PM

I am wondering how effective having a set of height speakers instead of ceiling. if you think about it, it's just sound, and it comes to how good the decoder is inside the head unit to mix the sound to get the effect that you are looking for. I am
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.