AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (casey01, CV), 40 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13359 Members
11 Forums
23077 Topics
408024 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17842
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11387
MarkSJohnson 11061
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by fredk @ 03/24/15 11:54 PM

Nice! Did you spray or roll the screen?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by JohnK @ 03/24/15 11:30 PM

Andre, the M100s are of about average sensitivity(1 watt needed for 88dB at 1 meter)and have no unusual power requirements. Don't think that bigger speaker means bigger amplifier, because there's no necessary relationship between the two. Often a sma
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by Lampshade @ 03/24/15 11:19 PM

Thanks everyone. I had a really nice birthday when I got home from work. (work was horrible). My wife cooked me a special dinner(Steak and asparagus, cooked while wearing a sexy dress) and drove to Brookline to buy me a cake from my favorite bakery
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by nickbuol @ 03/24/15 11:11 PM

Lampy Birthday!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ 03/24/15 10:26 PM

I wonder if I should run them Large or small with a crossover below 80hz....hmmm
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Adrian @ 03/24/15 10:18 PM

I'd try the Denon by itself first. A lot depends on your listening levels of course, but your sub should cover the lowest freq's where the 100s are dipping down to 4 ohms so that shouldn't be a problem regardless. Add power later if you feel it's nec
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ 03/24/15 09:46 PM

HT. The center is a VP150 the side surrounds are QS8 Rear QS4. Sub is a SVS PC12 NSD
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Adrian @ 03/24/15 09:42 PM

2 Channel or HT?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts M100 amp selection by Andre @ 03/24/15 09:04 PM

I currently have a Denon X4000 I am getting some M100 but I am not sure if it has enough power for them. I know the specs say minimum of 10 watts but I don't think that kind of power will make them sing. I am also looking at a Crown XLI 800 and a
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by onn @ 03/24/15 07:01 PM

Happy Birthday Chris
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by exlabdriver @ 03/24/15 03:25 PM

It is interesting that you mentioned the M50s. They seem not to be as popular as Axiom's other floor stander models for some reason. Most customers go for the M60 & up. Being an owner of a pair of M3s on stands, I would love to hear the M50s a
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 03/24/15 02:37 PM

BBIH and Tom Tuttle - Thanks for the welcome back!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 03/24/15 02:22 PM

There are already a lot of good ideas here. It's probable that the first speakers ordered will be a pair of M80's or M100's - and possibly a pair of M50's as well. The M80/100 to compare against some direct competitors in that $2000-$3500 range, and
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by tomtuttle @ 03/24/15 02:16 PM

Welcome back, Craig. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Cheers!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Customer Service by oakvillematt @ 03/24/15 02:01 PM

Axiom does offer quite good customer service. Sometimes a bit slow and they can be hard to get ahold of at times, but when you do, they come through. I do like that I am dealing with a small company that gets it. In that, I mean that they understa
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by exlabdriver @ 03/24/15 01:09 PM

craig: Although I've never heard the LFRs (hopefully they will be set up at the factory for the Sep bash, ha!) from what I've read in several reviews, these are a special species of speakers that require some deep pockets to own. From the reviews h
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by DrStrangeQuark @ 03/24/15 12:33 PM

Not to derail the conversation, but really looking forward to my VP180 arriving in June (paying off an installment plan). Working to finish the room up in the mean time. Here's the future home of my center channel. My father owns a 10 year old VP
Hearing Things
Welcome back craigsub! I have always liked Reference 3a and Totem. I had opportunity to compare them with my Axiom AX3's - very unscientifically I might add. The end result was keeping my Axiom's when life required changes to my material possessions
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT! by solarrdadd @ 03/24/15 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolMove the cat stand a little bit so that they can be in the "sweet spot!" when i watch movies, many times, the cat sits on my lap and is in the sweet spot! i know somehow, that don't sound right!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by BobKay @ 03/24/15 10:51 AM

HBD, Chris! Looks like you already got your traditional Thai gift of larvae! You go!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wireless earbuds for treadmill jogging? by pmbuko @ 03/24/15 10:19 AM

The search term you want is "wireless sport headphones." I found these on Amazon and they seem to be decent, certainly fine for TV. To get the audio out from your TV to the phones, if the built-in Bluetooth doesn't do the trick, something
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by medic8r @ 03/24/15 09:59 AM

The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ 03/24/15 08:36 AM

Wishing you a spider-free birthday, Lampy!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by Ajax @ 03/24/15 07:48 AM

Birthday greetings, Chris.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by oakvillematt @ 03/24/15 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: AdrianIt would also be interesting to see how Andrew's previous crowning achievement at Mirage, the OMD28s, compare to his present work with Ian on the Omni Directional Axioms. I too am interested in knowing what the LFT1100's
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.