Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-888-352-9466 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog
Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,367 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,131 Topics
409,119 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17880
pmbuko 16335
SirQuack 13356
CV 11436
MarkSJohnson 11102
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by Serenity_Now @ 05/17/15 06:42 AM

Can I ask where you got the venneer material?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Serenity_Now @ 05/17/15 06:39 AM

I'm replying just to keep you talking now. Excellent information Boom. When you say reducing peak frequency are you meaning bumps in the in room response? (like 20db spikes or so?). I know one method is to reduce the ouptut at those peaks to re
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ 05/17/15 05:37 AM

No lag that I can tell. I could easily adjust via the "phase" dial on the sub if needed, but the easiest way (for movies) is to add a foot of distance to the sub from the listener electronically. This would force my Oppo to delay the othe
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by Socketman @ 05/16/15 11:39 PM

Stained and ready for Varnish.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Serenity_Now @ 05/16/15 10:52 PM

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the speedy reply! In theory, if you have a problem centered on 60hz room treatments and seating position is the only cure. This device has me curious what tricks they employ to acheive near flat response witho
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ 05/16/15 10:36 PM

The 8033 user's manual doesn't go into very great detail about how it works. From what I've read online, it attenuates the peak frequency (one or more?) without doing any valley boosting. Therefore, the overall effect is to reduce the signal streng
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Serenity_Now @ 05/16/15 10:30 PM

Can you pretty please take measurements before and after? How does it work? Does it find the standing wave fundamental frequency and reduce its level while reinforcing its harmonics to give you better perceived notes without the standing wave patte
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Movie review: Interstellar by Serenity_Now @ 05/16/15 10:18 PM

Watched interstellar tonight. Speechless. Amazing.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ 05/16/15 10:16 PM

OK - DSPeaker Cinema 8033 "Anti-Mode" first impressions: I plugged the little box in between my preamp's sub output and my vented 15" subwoofer. I set the calibration microphone atop a tripod at the listening couch at the same height
The Water Cooler
1968!!!!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Rock_Head @ 05/16/15 03:13 PM

Went to the opening night of U2 in Vancouver. A spectacular presentation both visual and sound. They have outdone themselves with this show.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Summer drink Gift by Serenity_Now @ 05/16/15 02:50 PM

Its here! (Almost) Here is a drink that's sure to please and refreshing as ever. I've never met a person who hasn't loved it -even non drinkers. Pims Cup Tall pint glass 1 3/4 - 2 oz Pims No.1 (usually in gin section but not really gin.) 3 slice
The Water Cooler
A friend just gave me this.....he has been saving it for a very long time.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Ultra HD Blu-ray by casey01 @ 05/16/15 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattI have not read the whole spec, but it looks like the New UHD players will be made to read older Blu Ray, so I can only guess that older blu ray players will not be able to read the new UHD but play in a regular blu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Ultra HD Blu-ray by nickbuol @ 05/16/15 11:51 AM

My oldest is getting married in June 2016, she had 7 bridemaids from college over last night, plus my 16 year old, my wife, and my mother-in-law. Needless to say, I was outnumbered... Anyway, they wanted to watch "27 Dresses" in preparati
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by FireGuy @ 05/16/15 08:33 AM

Still my fav Stone Brewing offering.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by oakvillematt @ 05/16/15 07:41 AM

Originally Posted By: BoomzillaThanks, Matt - I find your info on dispersed surround sound most interesting. Could I achieve the same thing by pointing my current surrounds up (toward the ceiling) or backwards (toward reflecting side walls)? If so
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by a401classic @ 05/16/15 07:34 AM

I tried this IPA last night, but it wasn't a win in my opinion. A trend here in Atlanta (I don't recall this being a "thing" in Louisiana...) is session beers - lower alcohol, but (nearly) full flavor. So next time I'll try this!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Ultra HD Blu-ray by oakvillematt @ 05/16/15 07:22 AM

I have not read the whole spec, but it looks like the New UHD players will be made to read older Blu Ray, so I can only guess that older blu ray players will not be able to read the new UHD but play in a regular blu ray resolution/spec. Here is wher
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.