AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (Spoiler), 35 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13358 Members
11 Forums
23075 Topics
407993 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17841
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11385
MarkSJohnson 11058
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by craigsub @ 03/22/15 08:10 PM

Tam - Because you provided a link to your thread, I went to that forum for the first time in about 18 months, give or take. The reason it has been so civil boils down to these two reasons: 1. "PHD in Physics" 2. The usual crowd had no ide
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 03/22/15 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: casey01Originally Posted By: TroyDThanks Alan .... yes, it can be confusing. Alto of this is confusing I think I hear much then same way as SKINS does. Here's what I get from this all is that, if we're doing this audessy, or m
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 03/22/15 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawHave you tried changing the polarity of the 180? I know it seems odd and it's pretty likely it's wired correctly but I've seen (heard) it needing to be done on the M80. This would be my next step...It's frustrating because
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: bought a vp 180 by theskins @ 03/22/15 06:09 PM

Hey glad you like the 180 ,it is a nice speaker Did you have a center speaker before this?what was it?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by exlabdriver @ 03/22/15 06:07 PM

I don't know if they are all great - some I would like to have taken back, ha!; however, as craig says, using the same logic & reason here & at HTS doesn't always go over well elsewhere. Even though I'm retired from defense duties, I will co
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 03/22/15 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: alan"I think the real difference would be in the speakers sensitivity levels. If the VP180 is 93db and the VP150 was 90db then I guess the VP180 would be double the volume level. They said every 3bd is double the volume. Ho
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by Serenity_Now @ 03/22/15 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriver I visit HTS daily as well, but having a more mature & less argumentative membership there, I don't have the requirement to post as often. You know, your regular posts concerning non Axiom defense issues are gr
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by exlabdriver @ 03/22/15 05:17 PM

HTS is definitely a cut above the other 2 big audio web sites out there IMO. I visit HTS daily as well, but having a more mature & less argumentative membership there, I don't have the requirement to post as often. Thankfully, every manufacture
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Sean's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 03/22/15 04:36 PM

Happy belated birthday, duder!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Best concert dvd's by Rock_Head @ 03/22/15 02:49 PM

Steven Wilson - Get All You Deserve
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by Socketman @ 03/22/15 02:27 PM

On the VP150 the crossover is 2.7hz and the 3 speakers take care of everything down to 80hz if that's is where you set the crossover . The VP180 allows the bigger drivers to handle 150hz down to the 80hz cross over. From my own measuring, even with 8
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by casey01 @ 03/22/15 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyDThanks Alan .... yes, it can be confusing. Alto of this is confusing I think I hear much then same way as SKINS does. Here's what I get from this all is that, if we're doing this audessy, or manually setup. If we are sett
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: DSP and M80's by oakvillematt @ 03/22/15 01:11 PM

If the DSP is the same as mine for the LFR speakers, then yes it fits between the Pre-Amp and the Amp. I would expect that you can order it in different levels (in RCA or XLR connectors). Now speaking with Brent .. i believe that Axiom is working o
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts DSP and M80's by TroyD @ 03/22/15 11:27 AM

Looking at the graph with the Broadband DSP and the M80v3 I looks to improve bottom end to the same point as the M80v4. Actually, the graph looks to be better than the m80v4. I am wondering if it be better to purchase the DSP at $750 than upgrading
Home Theater
Jump to new posts bought a vp 180 by huskydave @ 03/22/15 09:57 AM

just purchased a new vp 180 and thought I would give a review after a week or so. I have v1 m80's on the front and some Energy Veritas V-Mini Bookshelf Speakers on the rear only because axiom does not have anything small enough for my room. I have a
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by Serenity_Now @ 03/22/15 08:55 AM

I really liked your sub ranking list. Welcome back to Axiom. Many of us here share dual citizenship between Axiom/HTS and some also at AVS. I used to partake in AVS fun, until I realised it wasnt so fun there afterall. Waaaay to serious and catty.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by Ajax @ 03/22/15 08:46 AM

Hi Craig. Good to see you popping up around here again. Looking forward to the reviews and to hearing the M1s.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 03/22/15 07:51 AM

Thanks Alan .... yes, it can be confusing. Alto of this is confusing I think I hear much then same way as SKINS does. Here's what I get from this all is that, if we're doing this audessy, or manually setup. If we are setting our Mains and centres t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by craigsub @ 03/22/15 07:14 AM

Tam - That was my personal sarcasm on the "science" of that place. It's always amusing how people will slam a product without hearing it. I have a 10 year old 150 here, and it still functions great. For a brief history, from 2010 until
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonI was thinking spider egg sacs, but figured I would let more experienced heads prevail first! Mark. What were those things that Kahn used for mind control? I'm sure they hatched out of eggs. Serenity. You have a
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Naming the Axiom Wireless Speaker by a401classic @ 03/22/15 02:47 AM

Aura is already taken by Harman Kardon - It's their bluetooth/Airplay speaker.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by exlabdriver @ 03/22/15 12:50 AM

I go in there several times per day just to keep an eye on things. I post only when absolutely required & even then, I tread very softly. I am happy to report that things have quieted down dramatically (re Axiom) in the past year & hopefull
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by craigsub @ 03/22/15 12:09 AM

Random thoughts ... 1. Ian needs to stop with logic and reason. That confuses people. 2. It's too bad Axiom doesn't make a center channel with either the standard MTM design in the $300 range or a vertically mounted midrange / tweeter in the $700 r
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Naming the Axiom Wireless Speaker by Lampshade @ 03/21/15 11:27 PM

How about the Axiom Binary Series M1001
Advice from Axiom Owners
I'm interested to see what others say here. I grabbed a set of M22 on walls before xmas from the refurb shop. They are V3's, but look quite a bit different from other V3's I have. Logo is older, black dust caps etc. They must be very early V3's.
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.