You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by Adrian @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Found some Murphy's Stout at one of our local stores, never seen it before, quite an old Irish brewery. If you like Irish style stout, I'm sure you'll like it, very similar but slightly stronger flavour than Guiness though nowhere near as well known.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: New cables: XLR Balanced and Speaker cable by 2x6spds @ 04/18/18 10:56 AM

Thank you Dundas
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Great - now they are sending me money! by BBIBH @ 04/17/18 08:40 AM

Yeah, I don't have that issue, as my HT is a basement build that my wife visits to get the movie theater ambiance, so as long as the projector is working and the movie she wants is available, all is good!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Oppo Digital by Gr8_White_North @ 04/16/18 11:31 PM

My son uses a 720 plasma and sits about 5 feet from it and has zero complaints. My 1080p plasma in the bedroom looks absolutely fantastic to my eyes and no LED can match it for watching hockey. I have a LED for movies that is 4k and really unless you
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by brwsaw @ 04/16/18 10:58 PM

Had to share my cave last night, have family up for a few more days. Watched The Shape of Water with a sister in law on each side of me on a full size sofa... Note to anyone that hasn't watched it yet, don't watch it with family... I enjoyed the movi
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Curious case of burning woofers? by Gr8_White_North @ 04/16/18 12:44 PM

Bare in mind that using a sub takes a huge load off the amplifier . No movie i ever watched drove all channels to full power at the same time ever. JC is correct that your amp is still going to be underpowered depending on room size and listening lev
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: thoughts on this new HD vinyl by MatManhasgone @ 04/15/18 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By bridgmanI am still not convinced that vinyl is inherently better than digital (although it may be better than CD after jumping through the filtering hoops you need to avoid aliasing around half the too-low sampling frequency). F
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Help ID Axiom speaker - need a replacement woofer by Gr8_White_North @ 04/14/18 02:11 PM

Parts express sells the DATS which i happen to have one of and it measures a speakers thiele small parameters which would help you find a driver with similar properties. You could measure the one in the other speaker to help find a match. Also if you
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: LFR108 Omnidirectional Center Channel Speaker by Cohesion @ 04/13/18 09:06 PM

I was lucky enough to be in the 'kitchen' at Axiom while Ian was working on the DSP recipe for this speaker. It sounded excellent! In fact, Ian sent me in blind to listen to it, and I thought I was listening to a really good stereo pair until I was
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would the upgrade be worth it? by brendo @ 04/13/18 01:46 PM

Awesome Now comes the anticipation of the next 3 months. Here's hoping time doesn't decide to slow down.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What are your opinions on power outlets by brendo @ 04/13/18 01:28 PM

So added more pieces to my puzzle. Decided to up grade my AC mains power cords for my Anthem and my ADA1250 the darn stock plugs just wouldn't stay in. Any little movement out they would come. Picked up a cheaper WAudio off Amazon great reviews wit
Forum Stats

15,224 Registered Members
15 Forums
23,991 Topics
424,046 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437
SirQuack 13567
CV 11677