AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
3 registered (alan, TroyD, bridgman), 69 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23109 Topics
408653 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17872
pmbuko 16328
SirQuack 13356
CV 11414
MarkSJohnson 11083
Meanwhile On Facebook

Any roadies / concert lovers out there think this is as cool as I do?

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Kick it up for Tone!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Alan's Birthday by alan @ 2 minutes 58 seconds ago

ha, ha! Chess, my secret is a special anti-aging cream derived from the moss and lichen scraped from the Canadian Shield. Must be rubbed in daily. Thinking of marketing it. Alan
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 10 minutes 41 seconds ago

Yes, Lawrence it was nice to meet you .. I really liked the 180, but it was nice to hear the whole front three Mi's and really see the difference. I think and could be wrong in that going with the Mi 80's and the v4 180 is probably a big gap. I see
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ Today at 08:36 AM

I wouldn't claim that a preamp is necessary - only that it adds a smidgen to the dynamics - particularly at higher listening levels. I originally used my Oppo straight to the power amps and had friends claim it was the "best sound they'd ever h
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Today at 08:36 AM

It was tempting to try out some Magnepan 1.7's ... but the required amplifier (as per their suggestion) and somewhat lacking for use in a home theater tilted the decision to the Martin Logans. I have heard Maggies on several occasions, and they stru
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 07:27 AM

Not for JP.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: m100 by J. B. @ Today at 07:14 AM

sounds like Axiom is taylormade for you!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone heard from Murph? by chesseroo @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphHa. Nice to see someone missed me. Thanks! As Mark said, work became nuts after we were bought out completely buy our major shareholder, Bell Canada. We went through the usual process of "right sizing" (What an
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by chesseroo @ Today at 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Murph What to use to store CD's as Flac files easily? -- I used EAC to rip to FLAC & MP3 at the same time but it's not at all the easiest. Media Monkey and Foobar seems to be the goto for a lot of people. I use Foobar for
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Birthday by chesseroo @ Today at 12:11 AM

Since i miss so many of these threads, i'm going to put out a very inadequate blanket happy birthday to everyone for the entire year of 2015 on the probable chance i'm going to miss the thread on each and every birthday.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by chesseroo @ Today at 12:03 AM

Lots of great builds on the forums lately. Nicely done lads. Great photos.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver on a budget by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

That Pioneer unit will drive the M60s just fine. Like any receiver, it will have its limits. You have to know when to stop pushing that limit or you will chance clipping and speaker damage. I've run my M60s from a Harmon Kardon 380i receiver which l
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: World's largest Home Theater for sale on ebay by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

That is quite the wall of sound, in which i have zero interest. It just looks like someone stacked as many JBLs as they could together for a Guinness record attempt. I wonder if they won the award...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillematt Yes dialog for the most part is in the tweeter range, Actually, no. http://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/audio-odd...%80%99s-voices/
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: newfI wish I could. My health isn't the best. Been struggling for a while. Spinal chord issues causing problems in my arms/legs and more I won't get into here. Been dealing with it now for 8 years and can't find any doctor to
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by theskins @ Yesterday at 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: ShainThanks for the info! I have an emotiva umc 200 preamp that does 7.1 -EITHER surround back or front heights. I currently am running a surround back with 2 on wall m3 s but honestly for music or 5.1 stuff it sounds better to
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Office sound system retrofit by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

Economically speaking price/performance/longevity: If it was my space, I'd buy an 8 in-ceiling package, all 8" coaxial and put one in each treatment room, 2 in waiting and 2 in the morgue/office area for paperwork and filing after hours. Then
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonWe just watched the B-D of Unbroken. Makes me feel like a pitiful human being when I'm putting on a jacket to step out with the dog because the air is a bit chilly. Good movie. I watched the movie after reading t
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Media Room by fredk @ 04/26/15 11:05 PM

Beautiful! Cat. I bet Mr. Turbo would let you move your chair if you asked real nice like. Well, unless he's a cat, in which case you'll feel right at home with the glare.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by newf @ 04/26/15 07:53 PM

It is certainly a preference thing. I personally can not look at a LCD anymore. I purposely bought a f8500 last year knowing that plasma's were being phased out and I was afraid my existing Panny Plasma would not make it to the time when affordable
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 432 Hz by CV @ 04/26/15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: DrStrangeQuarkCV -- thanks for the original post. Hope that was interesting, although perhaps you knew most/all of it very well already! Ha ha, no. While I enjoy music, I've never learned anything about what goes into it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Non-HT/audio products I like by CV @ 04/25/15 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleI love my autoseal Contigo Travel mug. By far, the best of the many I've lost used over the years. I bought one of these for my dad back in the day, when you mentioned it. I don't think he ever really told me what he
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: On-Ceiling Speakers for Immersive Sound by eman @ 04/25/15 03:29 PM

I was thinking about buying some b-stock m2 and drill some holes on the side so I can use the ceiling bracket that came with the yamaha aw390 speakers . http://images.sonicelectronix.com/images/441814/main/nsaw390wh.jpg
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Ken.C @ 04/25/15 12:51 PM

Well, no, but this is my backyard, so... it's already pretty trashed. It tends to turn into a marsh whenever it rains, since it's sloped down and then has a raised bed at the back.
Stereo
Just don't buy a cheep-a$$ Sony receiver. I did that and it caused my M22's to never produce any thing that sounded like bass. Don't know much about the M2's though.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 rattling by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphI did see Brian lurking around the house that week though. Hard to find places to dispose of old cat toys today.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.