AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
1 registered (Ajax), 54 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13355 Members
11 Forums
23040 Topics
407406 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11030
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Home Theatre set up. by brwsaw @ Today at 01:39 AM

I'm going to rephrase the above post... After messing around with multiple subs in varying layouts in many small rooms I found I preferred the tactile,involuntary, grin creating feel from many subs playing nicely together.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Great news
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

If your getting back into surround ,I'll have a vp150 next month if your interested ....if so maybe we can work out a trade of some sort?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by theskins @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

I have a similar layout to yours ,my theatre is about 10'wide x 22' long 7'8" high And have a platform 2nd row seating about 1' from rear wall( my room opens up to a billiard room as well which is 22' x 30' overall with theatre,a bit of challeng
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watch it rain. All over the world. At at once by fredk @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Only one more?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanThat's OK, once you're finished putting insulation and drywall up, you go buy more insulation and start making acoustic panels. There is something to be said for stopping when 2/3 of the drywall is up. True enough, a
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by solarrdadd @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

200g, 45rpm 2 album set!
The Water Cooler
reminiscing on how good stuff was made.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms1HMx3lW3A#t=29
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone bought a curved 4K TV yet? by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

I have one of those too. My Toshiba 55". great TV for watching movies.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: LLAP by fredk @ Yesterday at 02:55 AM

Sad.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by newf @ 02/28/15 10:02 PM

Yeah, don't bitstream = no Atmos
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by brwsaw @ 02/28/15 08:14 PM

I would be ok with exceptional low volume sound quality. I have heard a few portable units that really do belt it out, if only they sounded good all volumes. Bring it on... About that demo unit...?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ 02/28/15 06:31 PM

No worries fred, Bobs short reply speaks volumes He already poo poo'd my choice. I was in a hurry to get them up on the wall. The first ones I covered are covered by old bed sheets. I used thumbtack's so I can change if I find something that really
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic House using Axiom image by fredk @ 02/27/15 07:45 PM

Those speakers do seem familiar...
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: In wall wiring by michael_d @ 02/27/15 10:58 AM

When I built my home, I ran comm and audio cables everywhere. The plan at the time, was to have a "whole home audio" system. Well anyway, I did a lot of research on this, cause it's a log house, and there's no fixin' it later option availab
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CatBrat @ 02/26/15 12:20 PM

I watched The Amazing Spider-man 2 movie for the first time last night. Was much better than my expectations.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500V4 will not enter power save mode by Andrew @ 02/26/15 09:35 AM

Hi blatisi, If your receiver does not have a trigger output, there is no way to put an EP500v4 into standby mode. None of our subwoofers have any sort of signal sensing to automatically put them into standby mode. The only solution is to use the tri
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by Serenity_Now @ 02/25/15 06:48 PM

Corner placement?! Uhhhh....
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 02/25/15 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolGoogle had me go just east of Lake Simcoe on the way up, and just west of the last back to downtown Toronto. Took just about 3 hours each way. I have been staying just a few blocks from the CN Tower for a starting poin
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by Socketman @ 02/24/15 10:31 PM

Imagine the comb filtering going on inside a car with the tweeters facing up toward the windshield. It is a great topic for controversy , just don't take it personal.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by Serenity_Now @ 02/24/15 08:06 PM

The immersive titles are not premium priced. Just bought John Wick. Same price as any other new release bluray (which is still pricey I guess.). I just hope it doesnt take 2-3 years for the formats to trickle up to non mainstream AVRs. Higher end
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: use AMP or AV receiver to run axiom speakers by CatBrat @ 02/24/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverIn order to get the best bass into my system with my M22s, I kept my Denon & acquired a pair of EP800s, ha! TAM Ha. That ought to help.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts What happened to the LFR DSP updates? by oakvillematt @ 02/23/15 10:49 PM

I remember reading a review last year on a set of LFR speakers where the reviewer talked about a selection dial on the back of the DSP where you could set the room boarder parameters from 1 to 5. I has just purchased a new set of LFR1100's weeks e

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.