Unfortunately, there are no (I mean NO) high-end audio stores where I now live. If you don't like the K-mart selection, most people around here recommend you try out Sears. So, since I've moved here, I had to make do with reviews of products. This JVC receiver (available online for $1000) got a nod from Sound and Vision mag with a Reviewer's choice 2001 award, and seemed to me to be a good "entry-level" THX Ultra certified receiver. My whole system needs to be redone eventually, but on my current budget, I was looking at some Axioms and a THX receiver, along with a basic big screen TV. This will already be miles above what I currently have, and already more than my wife wants me to spend! I might like the Denon 5800 (for example) but that is nearly 4x the price. In the $1000-1100 price range, are there any other THX -ultra receivers that you would recommend I take a look at? I would appreciate any advice you have to offer. Thanks Chris R

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91