I was pointing out the fact that these manufacturers were advertising items as features that are part of any proper design. Heatsinks (or heat dissapation) a feature? Not exactly something I would want to have left off an amplifier. This is not a feature, but part of the design specifications of an amplifier.

I agree with the connector comment. The main point I was trying to emphasize was that they needed to be sufficient quality to resist corrosion and other issues that crop up in this area. But lets face it, if Yamaha(to chose a name at random) is building a mass market amp, what are the chances they will address proper design points across the board? This goes along with my statements that by having to design a product for price points, certain limitations are placed on the products.

Cavalier? Probably so. But I know what I like, and I definitely take all ideas and opinions in stride when making my decisions. For the most part, the opinions are of friends and magazines. However, I find both leaning to their particular interests. Opinions are very subjective, because as we all know, if you have not experienced a wide range of inputs, the frame of reference is skewed. You had access to areas of the audio world most will never imagine, and buy virtue of this fact have seen and heard the best and worst of this industry. But again, I am sure you have never dismissed something simply because of a preconcieved bias.

Experience is the key. Do you like it? THAT will guide you in whether you buy it or not. As we all have different needs, wants and economic situation, we need to acheive a balance. Do you like a $4k Speaker? Does it fit your budget? Then you may buy it. If it does not fit a category listed, you should not take anyones word on the quality.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Regards,

BBIBH