Follow-up
Well, I've breaking in my M60s for a couple of weeks now, and I have to say they are awesome. They happened to arrive when my folks were in town to visit (for the 1st time in my new town) and my dad, an admitted music afficianado, got to audition them with me. He at first thought they were too large (concerned with spousal acceptance) and without reservation assumed that they would have better bass response than in his system. We were both wowed by the midrange, though, and subsequently spent several hours rediscovering my CD collection.

I only bought the M60s, and have deferred upgrading the center and surrounds of my system for now. Why? Well, I have yet to upgrade my receiver, and my old mass market receiver has only 20W to the the rear surrounds. So I've been brooding about this and decided to hold off on a receiver upgrade until I can afford something better. I'm still dreaming about the the B&K AVR 307, but just can't swing it right now! Unfortunately, no stores in my area seem to carry anything higher-end than Denon, Onkyo, etc., so I can't audition the units I want. I am aggressively saving, though. It could happen sooner than you think!

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91