I've been electrocuted over 17 times. Some minor, some major.

The youngest was when I was less than a year old. I was crawling around the living room and decided that it would be fun to bite THROUGH an electrical cord for a lamp that was plugged in.

I've stuck a butter knife in an electrical outlet was I was about 10. Threw me back a couple of feet and knocked me out.

I've had a computer monitor (found out it was faulty after the fact) discharge when I was leaning over it at a previous job. The jolt when through my chest (heart) and out my hand that was touching a grounding strap. (That one was freaky. I swear my heart stopped.)

I've had various home improvement projects where I'm helping someone who SWEARS that the power is shut off, and ZAP. I've done this to myself too when I was working in my basement and the circuit breaker (in a brand new house) was mislabeled. It read that there was a circuit for the basement outlets, so I turn it off, just to find out that some of the outlets were tied in to another circuit, but weren't labeled as such... ZAP.

I was working on my car once when I found a wiring short circuit the hard way. ZAP ZAP.

I've gotten a shock when doing the old "smell" test on a failing circuit board. Leave it plugged in, get real close to fine the "circuit burn" smell, and ZAP. Got me right on the nose. Needless to say, I threw the board away in anger.

I've had my youngest daughter turn on a light when I was removing the metal part of a broken light bulb from the socket.

Oh, and yes, I HAVE stuck a new 9-volt battery to my tongue.

Farewell - June 4, 2020