I agree with all of Eric's comments on the Audiobytes. Mine arrived yesterday as well. The bloated packaging looked like it had gotten wet but the contents were dry and well protected in plastic and foam.

They sure are smaller than I remember from the show last summer but that amp looks substantial. Gotta love a 55wpc amp to drive such small speakers. No fooling around as usual.

I fired them up with my alphabetical iTunes list starting with Diana Krall's "All or Nothing at All". My first thought was where did all that bass come from? It had me wondering whether I needed the EP0 which has been delayed. My second thought was how well the dynamics were being reproduced and that is where that beefy amp comes in. Also there is something to be said for sitting nearfield within 1 metre of a nice sounding pair of speakers. Like EFalardeau, I play mine all the time while in my home office. Hmm...come to think of it a set in my downtown office would be a good way to start 2008.

My wife walked in and remarked how nice the high gloss burled walnut looked. Even one of my teenagers like the way they look. I was more fixated on the sound but it is nice to know she approved of their looks which doesn't happen often with my electronics. High WAF is always a good thing.

I know this wasn't how they were intended but the sound is good enough for the Audiobytes to easily serve as a second system in a bedroom or den. And its small enough to be portable. It would be cool if Axiom came out with a carrying case to go with the Audiobytes/amp/EP0/Ipod/Charger...instant high quality portable stereo for partying and visiting.

John