I have enough room behind my monitor to place the sub so I'll be alright. In anycase, I view the EP0 more as portable drivers for the Audiobytes speakers rather than a subwoofer per se.

As for DBs... I just took out my SPL meters. My soundcard is always at max and so is iTunes. Volume knob goes from 7:30 to 5:26 (yes, I measure precise! \:\) ) Using harpsichord (narrow dynamics), I get 75dn at 11:00 and 1.5 feet. Sound is good. For strings, the magic is more at 12:00, but then forte is at about 80-82db. In general, at 11:00 the SPL goes from 60 to 75 db, with acceptable presence. But there is an improvement at 12:00 and then at one o'oclock, each time for a gain of about 3-4db.

As I am doing this test (30 minutes) it sounds more and more as it is the lower bass that are dropping out of the "picture" too fast when lowing the volume, which is about right for a 100hz roll-off. With the knob at 9 o'clock, I can hear clearly most of the range, but it's like the sound is "floating" and has no ground...

Damn! Your plan of making me want the sub now worked! \:\)

Oh! Almost forgot. My room is about yea-big on that side, roughly that on the other side and about 10 feet high (maybe less). If you multiply these, you can around 726.75 cubic feet.

See Mojo's signature