Originally Posted By: Ray3

Sony has decided to discontinue the SXRD/LCOS technology. Great PQ, but controlling consistency with their colors has been problematic. Don't know much about the JVC.

Ray, JVC actually pioneered LCOS and has been implementing it successfully for years. Sony introduced SXRD and did a great marketing job with a non perfected product IMO.

[/quote]
LCD/LCOS is better for a room with lotsa sunlight (plasma screens are more reflective).[/quote]

LCOS gives a great film like pic in dark rooms as well. Plasma sets now have anti reflective coatings also that limit light reflection.

[/quote]
Plasma burn-in is pretty much a non-issue. They manufacture in technology that causes the individual pixels to "wobble" to avoid the burn-in. Ray [/quote]

That wobbling is interesting, I never knew that. But if there are dark bars on both sides of a 4:3 image....what good is wobbling them to another dark pixel next to it. Seems to me the phosphor wear would be the same because its the same colour pixel. I could be wrong on that, but it just seems logical.