Isabel,

The M22i's are regarded as very good sounding speakers like most of the axiom line. Their one drawback is that they do not handle low bass as effectively as the M60 or M80's (towers) do. However, if you're planning to utilize your system for 70% viewing and 30% music, you should find that even the powerful bass of a good tower speaker will not have the impact of a sub.

Therefore, a lot of folks that are compromising due to a realistic budget choose to purchase the less expensive M22i's because they are excellent in the mid and high range and an appropriate sub will nicely pick up any slack in the bass.

In other words, (as long as your room was big enough), the ideal would probably be:

M60's or M80's with a subwoofer.

However if you can't do this (I don't think I will be able to) you'd be better suited to do:

M22i's and a sub instead of just M60's.

It could turn out that if you can find the Yamaha 1400 for less with Jon's help you can then re-budget to go all out (M60's + sub).

And of course don't forget about your center channel and surrounds.

-Nick

P.S. I know what you mean about mailing them back..it's definately a hassle. But keep in mind if you use UPS you can schedule THEM to pickup from you. I don't know if that's available in all areas though.

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore