Hi guys. John I hope the latest version on the 1400 has the upgrade already so I won't have to return it for upgrades. And the link you directed me to, looks like they have good prices on their cables. And also I make sure I get the 12 gauge wire right? And Nick, yeah the .085 a foot is a little expensive compared to the others. And guess what? I bought the HSU sub at Compusa cause I read a thread here that their price is lower than the factory itself. I paid $349.88 plus tax and the sales guy recommended the special subwoofer wire for $29.95. And John your telling me that I could just use a regular coax with rca plugs. Anyway I got home and hooked this 52lbs. sub as per instruction from the sales guy. All it was was just two connections but it took me an hour to do this. HI HI HI I guess I'm just being nervous. But lo and behold this sub made a big difference on my set up. That base or bass sound that I never heard before was really incredible and couldn't believe it. Like you guys said, I watched Nemo where the little girl tap on the glass and bam the whole house was rocking. I played that scene probably 10 times with and without the sub. You guys got me hooked on this home theater thingy. Anyway I emailed Amie yesterday about my order and I'm just making sure that when the speakers come in, that I will be home. I'm all excited about all these and I'm pretty sure when I do get the speakers, that I have a lot more questions to ask. In the meantime I'm trying to decide about the speaker wires. oh by the way do you guys have any pre-set settings on the HSU that might be a starting point? Thanks.