Hi jfoxtrot9.I'm completely satisfied with the axiom speakers and as a matter of fact I will keep them. Well you know this is the very first time that I evaluated an speaker so if it sounded the other way around, what I really meant is the axioms are an excellent speakers. And yes, to me they sounded more like the paradigm which I was leaning on buying at first. But with mostly HT in usage and a little listening to music, the axioms are what I was looking for. The speakers have the clarity that I was looking for and after some adjustment by my "tech" I found what sound I was looking for. And I emailed Aimee about a little blemish on the bottom of one of the speakers, and guess what? NO questions asked and 2 new speakers are on their way to me with tracking no. Now that is what I call excellent customer service. So I think go ahead and give them a try cause that's the only way you can hear the actual sound. Well in case you don't like the speakers you can always return them in 30 days. But I'm keeping mine. Good luck.