truth be told I am asking all of these questions because i am moving and building a new room. I like the look of mine and want to recreate it in many ways. I think i have learned that I should be happy with my Denon 3806 if I do a better job of speaker placement and receiver set up. Everyone seems to be saying that as long as the receiver is a decent quality the brand is not necessarily as important as speaker placement and sound set up. The new room will not have the stone pillar as there is no support beam to deal with. The room will be 19x18 with 9' ceilings so i think i will trade up to the qs8 and the ep350. I am replacing my speakers in my current room with stock builder inwalls, leaving the seating and projector to rent the house with a working theater (will rent it fast and for more my realtor says). I was going to leave my Denon too because I was frustrated with continuous attempts to improve the sound quality. Now that i know the speaker placement is more likely the problem i am thinking of buying a cheap receiver to replace the Denon and bring the Denon to my new house. Does that sound like the best plan?

Success is a journey not a destination!