Originally Posted By: dewd
...I react similarly when someone says that Axiom speakers are too bright.

As a generalization, I agree with you on both counts. But in the highly subjective world of audio, I have no doubt that in some rooms Axioms speakers might just be bright... at least to someone's ears. As a matter of fact anyone used to, and in love with the sound of laid-back speakers such as Bose and the like, I have no doubt my Axiom set up would be considered 'bright'. So I'm with you on debating anyone who comes along and says "Axioms are too bright". It's not a fair blanket statement... what I mean when I say 'blanket statement' is that it certainly doesn't cover every Axiom speaker, room condition, or listener preference. However, if someone were to say, "I think Axioms sound bright"... well, how can I argue with a single persons opinion?

To me this is where Alan stands with Audessey. I don't hear him saying, "nobody should use Audessey because it won't help anyone". What I hear him saying is, "Audessey shouldn't be considered a cure-all because it won't help EVERYBODY out in EVERY conceivable situation", and that's all I hear him saying. He personally doesn't like it, that's all. You do like it, and nobody can say you're wrong in liking it.

So just like someone else already said, you're both right.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD