Originally Posted By: dewd
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Auddessy and the auto setup/Denon did strange things with my crossover making them way to high, setting speakers to large and also maxing out my pre-out levels for my subwoofer to +12, another time it was set way to low, and the auto-on wasnt working as should. This would cause erratic, sub optimal performance. Gosh knows what it did with the equilization. I tried running it mulitple times and still was getting funny results but better. My speaker levels and distances for the most part where fine but overall I was not impressed. I did a full reset on my Denon and set up everything manually after that. Just my experience, I realize other people like it and that is fine by me.

Not strange at all. First, it is the AVR, not Audssey that set your speakers to large. Until recently, the AVR would set them large if Audyssey measured under 80Hz. Very simple (and recommended) to change them to small. The +12 means your volume on your sub was too low. Newer AVR models have an extra step the warns you about this before you finish the whole process.

Again, I'm not saying use it. I am saying that most folks who say it doesn't work usually have it setup wrong (or their room is so poorly setup that nothing can help it).

I tried it multiple times with the subwoofer volume at half to 3/4. It was not set too low, adjustments would make the pre-out level too low or too high, it couldn't get it right. I found it sounded better with Auddessy off anyways so it really didn't matter. Not a big deal but it was worth trying it out.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne