Lol, hey I'm not for OR against Audyssey either. In fact I've only heard it the one time over at SRoodes place and it was a definite 'degrade' in the audio performance with it on. You'll have to ask him but I would have to assume Steve did all the measurements and all that stuff one would consider in setting it up correctly. But here's the thing, Audyssey is a room 'correction' system right? So what if you've put so much work into your room that it doesn't need correcting? Then what does it do?

Nevermind, silly question. Undeniably I will assume that it is common knowledge that ALL rooms have some sort of flaw in it that needs correcting right? But you know it's occured to me, with even the highest of hi-end audio companies being lucky to have 75% of all customers liking their product, how would it be possible for Audyssey to expect a better approval rating than that?

This might be the highest subjectively rated hobby out there, there basically is no 'right or wrong', there's only what a particular person likes & what he doesn't like. So if 60% of the audio world liked what Audyssey did for them, they would be doing a superb job. Because the fact is what you consider an improvement I may deem as unlistenable, and vice-versa.

That's why everyone can give all the reasons they want reguarding their views on Audyssey... the people who are on whichever side of the they are on right now will remain on that side indefinately. Unless someone like Grunt who is currently on the 'don't care for' side of the line but can't stop himself from tinkering finally finds a setting he likes well enough to leave Audyssey on! ;\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD