michael_d,

Thank you for your services!

You give an interesting perspective on Emotiva as a company. I, too, have read the debates between he said she said concerning the M80s and the XPA-2. It really left a bad taste in my mouth, and thus, I shied away from the thought of the M80s for a while. Not because I felt like the M80s were at fault but I just didn't think I could afford anything to drive them currently. From my perusal of the debates, the M80s worked fine with many other reputable receivers, and it felt like Emotiva was trying to point the finger instead of trying to come up with a solution. Be advised, I am not talking down on Emotiva, I just find that topic to be a gray area.

I wouldn't want to kid myself in saying that the M22s are on equal footing as its bigger brothers. But from all accounts they are great speakers and inexpensive for me to jump into on my way to audio joy.

The more I read this forum the more I am sensing that a good receiver such as Denon and Onkyo and many other brands would be more than enough for most people's needs. I am getting the impression that a separate amp is more of a want than a realistic need to drive these speakers.

I have really learned a lot from everyone who have helped answered my concerns and questions. This really is one of the more helpful forums with friendly members trying to guide each other in the right path. Thanks.

Seeking

Last edited by Seekinganswers; 12/15/09 08:05 PM.

Speakers: Energy RC-70s, RC-LCR, RC-Rs and eD A2-300 x 2.
Receiver: Marantz 6006