Originally Posted By: Ukiah
You introduced a “religious” context, I’ll extend it.

I never said I was believed in “Secular Humanism”; although I unreservedly agree with a secular government.
In the U.S, a president would never be elected if they don’t play the religious card. Whereas in most other countries, including Canada, you play that card and you’ll never be elected. But don’t fret, the U.S is in good company: Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan…etc. You understand.

“If we go to war” What? The U.S is at war!

Peace brother!! ;\)

Since you seem to take things so personally when your sniping at others is challenged (the oxymoron comment) I doubt we can have a meaningful exchange, but I’ll try.

First, I compared the secular humanist movement to religion, never said you believed, but did seem to strike a nerve.

Whether someone is trying to impose their secular ideology or religions ideology on someone it looks pretty much the same. Only difference I see is that the latter claims to be morally superior while the former claims to be both morally and cognitively superior, with my experience being that both are neither. IMO the only difference today between secular ideology and religion is semantic.

I’m only guessing but I imagine that most elected officials in Canada or other Western countries wouldn’t get elected if they didn’t tow the appropriate secular line with their constituents. IMO this differs in no substantial way from the U.S. and only makes a difference to those who choose to believe that there is a fundamental difference between secular and religious based ideologies.

Comparing the U.S. to Iran, Iraq. . . is as non-sequitur as comparing Canada to the secular governments of the Soviet Union, Communist China, Deutsches Reich. . . . It’s a tired out left wing tactic to inflame the passions of both sides. Bored now! ;\)

“If we go to war you’ll find out about it!” was something we said to new squad member when I was in the Marine Corps if they started griping about the lack of info about the “real” world when we spent weeks/months in the field training. It meant if something really important happened you’ll hear about it.

How copy? Over! ;\)

Cheers,
Out!

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1