Not responding to anyone in particular....

I agree with whoever said science is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. It certainly is a valuable process for understanding and manipulating tiny pieces of the universe. I feel pretty safe in saying it's never going to answer the big questions that give meaning to life, though. No matter how many experiments are done, it's going to fall short. There's simply no replacement for God or whatever your belief system calls it when it comes to filling in the void. Our ignorance is always going to be greater than our knowledge. If God exists in our ignorance, then he's always going to be a more powerful force than science can ever hope to be. Even scientists have Mother Nature. Oh, the mysteries of Mother Nature. They acknowledge there's some unseen force at work. The universe works SOMEHOW. I don't think we should bury our heads in the sand and ignore our own curiosity, but I also don't see how believing in some distant triumph of science over the universe is productive. There's nothing sacred about it. Maybe every religion is a fiction--I'm not qualified to say--but at least they don't pretend that everything is going to be revealed to us. It makes no sense to me when people try to prop science up as any sort of rebuttal to faith.