Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Dean, I'm very involved in sociopolitical and environmental et al. issues. Have you seen any of the following documentaries?-

Life at the end of Empire
Winter soldier
The Illuminati
Or anything by Richard Dawkins?

Those come to mind, but there are many more I could cite.

High Cam, no I haven’t seen any of those more recent documentaries because I haven’t been watching much TV for years. Though the “Life at the end of Empire” looks interesting enough to me I might see if Netflix has it or is someone is streaming it.

Never saw “Winter Soldier” either. I’m not very interested in reading about “War Crimes” I feel the biggest crime in war (armed combat) is the war itself. Especially when it’s more a war of opportunity then necessity. I see the second biggest crime as entering a war without the fortitude to do whatever it takes to gain the desired outcome. Rules about who can/can’t be killed when were and how are just absurd. That doesn’t mean you don’t self regulate to achieve a specific limited outcome however.

I have read “The Selfish Gene” and “The Extended Phenotype,” interesting stuff. I’ve also read a lot about the concept of the “Meme,“ transmission of knowledge, and what exactly are “facts” when taking graduate courses about the sociology of science and technology. I love when people talk about scientific “facts” when I’ve read a stack of papers in which various scientists can’t come to any agreement on what a “fact” actually is.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1