Originally Posted By: dakkon
I was wondering how many of you guys have either of these players.. Catbrat just ordered a 93... I was wondering what the quality of netflix playback is like on these as compared to other products that stream netflix. I am sure the Blu ray/DVD play back is as good or better than my 83, which i think is wonderful.

The BD38 does not have a netflix option, it's to old. I am kind of wanting to get something to stream netflix, but i want to get as close to blu ray quality as possible.. Hence my waiting to buy something....

Thanks

I have the BDP95 and previously owned the 83 which I sold and got almost as much money for it from what I paid. In terms of video/audio performance, Oppo players are that good, especially the 83 which was the companies first BR player. Without really being able to make a direct comparison, based on my recollection, I can't see much of any difference. Of course the newer players have more features(dual HDMI connections, more network connectivity etc.). I have tried the Netflix option(this was the main reason that Oppo switched their video processing to the Marvel system) and quite frankly, it is OK but it is still not BR quality so for me personally, I wasn't overwhelmed and if you are going to spend this kind of money on a player, you might as well be able to get the most out of it.