I have the BDP-93 and Netflix streaming.

I have tried Netflix streaming on many devices: PC, XBox360, Oppo, Tivo, Wii and Android phone.

The quality of the picture is about the same between Xbox/Oppo. The Tivo quality is similar but more likely to "degrade" - it dynamically switches to a lower bit rate when it can't get or keep up with the highest available bit rate. Note that any device will degrade if the bit stream becomes lossy, due to in-home bandwidth contention or ISP flakiness, etc. In my experience, the Tivo just seems the most prone to degrading. But for my wife the Tivo is by far the most convenient way to stream Netflix.

Then there is the question of the menu options and the "buttons" available in the Netflix player for each device. The PC (browser) has the best menu, but the screen, seating and sound system are drawbacks, and you have to use the mouse. The Xbox menu is better than the Oppo's, but it has been a couple of months since I tried the Oppo and the Netflix app could have been updated/improved since then. The Oppo did not have the option to enable closed captioning the last time I tried.

The Wii is pointless unless it is your only option. The phone app is cool when you are away from home, but I would use it only if Wifi is available.

Last edited by Henry66; 03/13/12 03:15 PM.

Axiom M80s + QS8s + VP180 <-- Pioneer VSX-1120-K <-- Squeezebox Touch / XBox360 / Oppo BDP-93